Remember the main rule of selling your home: the way you live in a home and the way you sell a home are two totally different things! You should try to make your house as universally appealing as possible with natural colors, minimized personal items and absolutely no clutter!
Top Tips For Getting Your Home Ready To Sell:
• Clear the clutter: You plan to move, so start packing now! Pack away collections and valuables, a good rule of thumb is to pack away 30% of your belongings. Store extra possessions in the garage or a storage unit
• Organize closets: Take things out of closets & cabinets that are not essential to your life and pack them away. Arrange items neatly. In your closet, arrange shoes neatly and hang clothes either by color or by category (all blouses together, all shirts etc)
• Clean Kitchen: Clear all unnecessary objects from kitchen countertops. Clear refrigerator of magnets and photos. Make sure dishes are always done and the trash is always taken out.
• Bathrooms that sparkle, sell homes! Remove any unnecessary items and coordinate towels to one or two neutral colors. Consider buying fresh towels or neutral shower curtain if necessary
• Minimize furniture: Rearrange or remove excess furniture if necessary to open up the space. Make sure all walkways are open...if it's difficult to navigate around a chair, remove it and store it!
• Deep Clean! Clean the things you usually only do once a year! This include all carpets, windows, appliances! Move furniture and clean, leave now item untouched!
• Light And Open: Check all light bulbs and detail all light fixtures. Brighten dull basement & storage areas by painting the walls & using high watt bulbs
• Painting Is Worth It! Often a $100 investment in neutral paint is worth it! Consider removing outdated wallpaper and painting in neutral colors, ask Brad for color suggestions!
• Be Careful With Improvement! Do not make major improvements without consulting Brad, you may over-improve your home and not see a full return on your investment• If You Want It, Remove It! Remove an special item that a buyer may want as part of the house that you intend to keep, such as a special light fixture
Remember to consult Brad Papa, an Olathe real estate agent before making any major improvements or if you have any doubts! Contact Brad at firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-526-4985 and get your house on the market today!
Specializing in Olathe Real Estate
Come to Papa For All Your Real Estate Needs!