Common roof terms that you need to know.

Home Inspector with Trace Home Inspections

I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have been asked what is a "Rake" on a roof or what is a "Valley".  Sometimes I forget that what is common terminology for me might be like Greek to the person I'm talking with.  When I'm talking about the rake on the West side or whatever side of the roof some folks get the strangest look on their face, some are thinking that I'm talking about a common yard rake.

I hope this diagram helps with some of the terminology that you might find in a home inspection report.

Roof terms



This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Post a Comment
Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Scott Patterson

Home Inspector, Middle TN

Additional Information