There is so much negativity in the national press lately that I have to say this:
Omaha is a thriving, growing, prosperous community!
With the arrival of the NCAA Basketball Regional playing this week at the Qwest Center, it has made me think about the progress that our community has made over the last 10 years. The Omaha metropolitan area is making great strides as a community. Take a look at some of the improvements that our city has enjoyed over the last 10 years.
- The opening of the Qwest Center Omaha
- The opening of the Holland Performing Arts Center
- The finishing of major infrastructure projects (N Freeway, Kennedy Freeway, Dodge Expressway)
- The Conagra campus & Heartland of America Park downtown
- The continual committment to retain the College World Series
- The steady improvement of the local biking/walking trails throuout the area
- The constant upgrades & development of the Henry Doorly Zoo
- The blossoming of the Creighton Bluejays basketball program
- The development of local area damsite lakes.
- The retail growth with new malls, specialty shopping, and restraunts.
As a community we have alot to be proud of. With all of the negative national press regarding the fall of the real estate market and the so-called "recession" I think it is important to remember that there are many positive things happening in Omaha.
Without a doubt many out-of-towners who came to Omaha for the NCAA Regional will leave with a very positive opinion of our metropolitan area.