Statistics show that Cookeville, TN is in the top 10 for retirement spots! Due to our sweet southern and laid back style, Cookeville's charm will captivate not only retirees, but anyone who seeks comfortable and affordable living with an abundance of exciting things to do at your fingertips.
My top 10 reasons to live in the Cookeville, TN area is not just my opinion, but I have added some facts in the mix as well..
- Terrain or Landcapes! Lets start from the ground up. You see, the Cookeville Tennessee area is also known as the Highland Rim area and Hub of the Cumberlands. Within the seven surrounding counties that I serve as a Realtor, we can drive about fifteen to twenty minutes UP on the Plateau to Monterey, TN and Crossville, TN. Here we can find bountiful Hardwoods, bluff views, waterfalls, etc. Maybe a more rolling landscape is in your fancy, so let's venture south of Cookeville about 10 minutes to Sparta, TN. White County has some of the most breathtaking rolling farmland along the way that will surely wind down the weary mind. Once arriving in the town of Sparta, you will find a quaint town of about 10,000 population resting minutes from our ever popular Center Hill Lake. Fall Creek Falls, and Rock Island Falls. Perhaps you would like to venture North of Cookeville, to Overton County where rolling hills and mountain backdrops captivate the soul! Did I mention there were seven counties all within a 15 minute drive of Cookeville? We better move on to number two before I write a book...
- Area Lakes! Cookeville, TN is surrounded by three huge man made lakes operating hydro-power by the Corp of Engineers, and provide breathtaking views, boating, fishing, camping, tournaments, and etc. These lakes are Cordell Hull located in Smith County just outside of Nashville, TN and encompasses approximately 250+ acres. The Cordell Hull Lake dam has the only lock in our area on the Cumberland River that you can actually "lock" through to the Mississippi or Ohio rivers. Next, Dale Hollow Lake is located near Celina, TN which borders Kentucky and is approximately 600 miles of shoreline. Dale Hollow is known for it's bass tournaments and great fishing, camping and boating as well. Center Hill Lake is located near Smithville, TN and south of Cookeville, TN. Center Hill lake has approximately 400 miles of shoreline and provides generous beaches, marinas, and lake fun! All of these lakes are nearby.
- Conveniently located! Cookeville, TN is only one hour east of Nashville, TN, two hours west of Knoxville, TN, and one and a half hours from Chattanooga, TN. At a population of approximately 40,000 in the Cookeville or Putnam County area, you get the ease of country living while extreme shopping, and excitement is at your fingertips!
- Economical place to live! With NO state income tax, Low property taxes, and NO personal property taxes, you will find your money goes further in our great state. Our home prices are very reasonable compared to other areas as well.
- Our Schools! Cookeville TN is home to one of the best colleges in the state. Tennessee Tech University!
- Melting Pot! Yes, due to our hub city being immersed in culture and education, we have a great and wonderful diverse culture with fine dining, arts, and entertainment. We offer luxury homes, lake homes, farms, hunting property, golf centered subdivisions and affordable downtown living.
- Opportunities! Whether looking for a career, or just a quiet place to retire and call home, Cookeville has the edge! Within an hour to Nashville, commuting on I-40 is a snap for a broadened area of career opportunities, but even as our area is smaller and nestled in the middle so to speak, there are a vast amount of job opportunities right here in town. We even have an amazing medical center with an outstanding medical staff. Cookeville Regional Medical Center is a great facility with ever growing technology.
- Four Seasons! You will truly get to experience the four seasons of nature. Spring blooms are breathtaking, summertime fun is generally pleasant without too much heat, a fall scenic drive is jaw dropping as the colors are simply amazing, and winter is cold, but not too much in the way of deep snows or ice. Just perfect!
- Activities! From playing golf, rock climbing, spelunking, fishing, horseback riding, hunting, kayaking, boating, hiking, to shopping, painting, fitness, or community events, we have an abundance of things to do!
- Southern Charm! I can't list the top 10 reasons to live in the Cookeville, TN area without expressing the people. Driving down that country road seeing the passerby wave at you just like he's known you all your life. Greetings in the check out line at the grocery store. Community and charitable events that bring the best out of folks. Nothing like good neighborly folks!
Tennesse living is an amazing adventure, and if you are ready for a new and exciting chapter in your life then call your best Cookeville, Tennessee real estate agent Kay Bennett at 931-510-8601 (agent cell) for more information and how to find properties.
my website: www.kaybennett.com