Selling without an agent is a challenge. Remember, a good Realtor will work with you through every step of the home buying process to save both your time and your money. Real Estate transactions involve one of the biggest financial investments most people experience in their lifetime so shouldn't you have the best possible advantage in selling your house?
What If I Want To Sell Without A Realtor?
DON'T DO IT!
Here are Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Hire A Professional Realtor And NOT Sell Your House Without One!
1. Pricing ~ The most important step is pricing your house properly. If you charge too little, then you'll always wonder if you lost money on the deal. If your price is too high you won't get consumers or other Realtors to see it. The longer it stays
on the market, the more consumers might wonder what's wrong with it?
2. Understanding The Market ~ You need to understand the Real Estate market, especially your own neighborhood ~ A Professional Licensed Realtor should have years of experience with laws, contracts, forms and negotiations. Your Realtor can give you up-to-date information on what is happening in the marketplace, and the price, financing, terms and condition of the competing properties. These are key factors in getting your property sold at the best price.
3. Availability ~ You have to be willing to be available to show the house at different hours of the day to make sure everyone that may be interested in it will get to see it ~ If you hire a Realtor, they will schedule the appointments, and show it on your behalf and you won't miss any showings.
3. Generating Traffic ~ How can you generate traffic for your house and be able to get the word out about it? ~ An experienced Realtor will not only list your home on MLS, but will have other resources and marketing strategies for increased exposure for your house!
4. Criticism ~ Can you be patient and understanding with criticism? ~ You will need to be able to handle all different types of personalities and be able to keep your "cool" under pressure, even with non-qualified buyers. You need to have patience and the right temperament for criticism, questions, and repeat showings, and can you pre-approve a buyer? Remember that buyers are not looking to be your friend.
5. Answering Concerns Properly ~ Can you be available to answer questions by phone, email, text, meet-ups and be sure you are answering them correctly? ~ Buyers may not respect your time and may want immediate answers to their concerns. By you answering any of their concerns in the wrong manner, can squash the deal!
6. Will You Be Pushing Buyers Away ~ If you sell your house on your on your own, buyers will be looking for a deal from you. If a Realtor was listing your home, you can expect to get the highest true market value for it ~ Some sellers may believe their home is worth more and will remove many potential buyers because it's not priced competitively.
7. Relocation Buyers ~ If you don't use a Realtor, how are you going to attract out of state buyers? You might be eliminating a whole group of buyers that will never see your house because relocation buyers won't know about it.
8. Professional Networking ~ Realtors network with other professionals in the industry, many who can provide services that you may need. Realtors can give you a list of references with whom they have worked and provide background information to help you make a wise selection, besides networking with other Realtors who will be showing your house.
9. Contracts ~ Another important function of a Realtor is to make sure that all the paperwork is handled correctly. Do you want to get through all the stress of listing and selling your house or condo and then find out something that could have been avoided but is now a deal-breaker?
10. Closing ~ Can you closethe sale of your home without being overwhelmed? Your Realtor should be with you throughout the entire process and is the best person to objectively help you resolve any unforeseen issues and move the transaction to closing!
Lawrence "Larry" and Sheila, Real Estate Associate Broker and RE Salesperson, strongly recommend hiring a Real Estate Professional to assist you with the sale of your Long Island residence. Call us at 631-805-4400 (c).
If your home is listed with another broker, this is not a soliciation of the property.