Yesterday I was out showing property to a family of six, two adults and four children, the ages of the children are: 6, 4 and a set of twins 7 months. The family is looking for a larger home then the one that they are currently living in now. This was my first outing with this family after I did all the preliminary homework. We set up an appointment to go see some homes ----- I ask before the appointments were to be schedule if they were bring the children along, the husband gave me an emphatic no they were going to hire a babysitter. Well, Well, its time for us to meet and in to the office comes the whole family.
Needless to say I was a bit stunned. The husband then tells me that the babysitter cancel at the last minute and they did not have a back up babysitter to use. OK, I thought score one for me, they are truly interested in finding a home. We set off they take their van and I go in my vehicle. I had given them the list of homes we were schedule to see.
Arriving at the first home the following occurred.
- The six year old needed to go to the bathroom. Which seem to take him forever.
- The four year was unhappy because he could not play with the toys that the family that lived there children had.
- Then the twins started to cry and the mother said to me that she needed to go out to the car to breast feed them.
- So, the other two children, spy the candy bowl that was sitting on the dinning room table, and naturally both parents tell them they can not have any candy. Both kids decided to have a temper tantrum, yes, one of those that include screaming at the top of their lungs and kicking the furniture.
- I suggested switching off one parent sit in the car with the children while the other goes into the home and checks it out. You would have thought I was speaking a foreign language. The reply I got was it no problem we will take them in with us. NO, NO, this is not what I wanted to hear.
Mind you this was just the first home, and we had three more to go. So, I bet you can just imagine what I was thinking. I endured one more showing, and then I ask the husband, if we could re-schedule when they could get a babysitter.
Yes, I am glad to have this appointment over.