Anyone who has ever been to North America's Oldest City can attest to the fact that it's a great city. St. John's has become a great place to relocate for a variety of recent economic reasons. Here are my reasons why St. John's Newfoundland is a good choice for relocation.
7. Scenery - View Newfoundland's spectacular coastlines, panoramic views, icebergs, whales and provincial parks.
6. Affordable Housing - Average real estate price for in St. John's is lower then most cities in Canada. We are seeing more and more emails from people in Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto looking to relocate back to Newfoundland or looking to invest in Newfoundland.
5. Quality of living - Enjoy a high standard of living, low population, great schools, little traffic, fresh clean air and genuine Newfoundland hospitality.
4. Proximity - Your commute to and from work, schools and amenities is VERY short. You can drive from East End St. John's to West End in about 15mins. With the Outer Ring Road, commute time from Paradise and CBS has been reduced significantly.
3. Nightlife - There is always something to do in the evenings. Plays, theater, beautiful restaurants and live music at most George Street bars.
2. Outdoor Activities - There are lots of winter sports (skiing, ice fishing, skating, snowboarding, ice hockey, snowmobiling, etc.) and endless summer activities (golfing, baseball, soccer, swimming, jogging, sea kayaking, rowing etc.). Hike or camp the trails in provincial parks or the East Coast Trail. Hunt moose, rabbit, caribou or pick blueberries. There is something here for everyone.
1. The next few years are looking very promising for Newfoundland. There is a lot of hype on our oil and gas industry. Hebron, White Rose, Hibernia, and the Terra Nova Project, all major contributors to the Newfoundland Economy. This combined with the low cost of living makes St. John's an attractive city to relocate.
Allow Fraser and Stephen Winters to assist you when relocating to St. John's or surrounding areas. Email us for a relocation package.