● Farmers Insurance announced in February the creation of 600 new jobs, bringing the company's presence in the city to more than 3,000. By 2011, he said Farmers expects to employ more than 4,000 people in Olathe.
● Garmin added 650 jobs in Olathe while nearly doubling its global work force last year to 8,400 people when its sales grew 70 percent.
● The Kansas Bioscience Park and Kansas State University campus are currently under development in Olathe
● Success of developments along the Kansas Highway 10 corridor including the Corporate Ridge Office Park and the College Point retail and business center.
● $67 million Lone Elm interchange project, which included Kansas City area's largest speculative building — at 600,000 square feet — which broke ground in October.
In total 1,850 jobs were created, and more than 1.5 million square feet of commercial space was developed in Olathe during 2007! What a great year! Read a summary of his entire speech here
Olathe continues to prove that it is a great place to live! If you are interested in moving to Olathe, then contact your Olathe real estate agent, Brad Papa and start looking at homes today!