A busy weekend (except for snow on Friday, but it's New Hampshire) at the Seacoast Home & Garden Show in Durham, NH. While we've worked hard to offer a living room feeling in our booth, the addition of fresh flowers (daffodils) was a nice addition this time. Our gardener, Good Earth Gardening, also offered flower seeds to visitors which were a big hit. Might be a good way for realtors to stay in tough with clients.
We had a steady flow of visitors over the weekend, not super busy but most of each day had us talking to 20 to 30 people each hour. The 4 Walls team is still fairly new at these large commercial shows, so we spent time practicing our interaction with prospective customers. We had 3 goals for the event:
- Introduce the 4 Walls concept of a network of women owned businesses helping home owners Create - Maintain - Enhance their home. Women once they understood the concept were pleased and offered comments of "what a great concept" and "that's a great idea."
- Extend awareness of 4 Walls by inviting visitors to sign up for our raffle (cool Tomboy Tool paint brushes donated by My Handyman and Benjamin Moore Paint donated by Exeter Paint / Exeter Paint West.)
- We learned that if we got women to hold one of the paint brushes, we more than doubled our chances of getting them to sign up.
- Kitchens ... Hearthstone Kitchen Designs
- Custom sewing ... Sue's Custom Sewing
- Window coverings ... Today's Window Fashions
- Painting ... Jen Croteau Wallpapering & Painting
- Prep to sell a home ... My Handyman
- Patio ... Wade Landscaping
- Addition ...GRS Home Design
- Custom closet ... My Handyman
- Tomboy tools (4)
- Realtor checklist developed by My Handyman