I know there are a ton of different companies out there that cater specifically to real estate industry websites. I've spoken at length with about 4 of these companies, as well as a couple of custom web designers. I'm trying to decide which route would be better. Here are the pros and cons that I have come up with.
+ Ability to have more input on design, layout, content etc.
+ Ability to have a few more bells and whistles. (Flash etc.)
+ Designed around your branding (Logo, etc.)
- A lot more expensive. You don't get the bulk pricing like the big boys
- Slower design period. You have to come up with a lot of content. (Text, pictures, etc.)
- Deal with more companies, (Hosting companies, design companies, SEO companies)
+ Quick. You can have your site on-line as quick as a few minutes, to a few days.
+ Less time consuming. A lot of content is already there for you.
+ Less expensive. You really do get a lot for your money
- Less flexibility on design.
- Less originality.
- More corporate atmosphere. On hold with customer service a lot.
I need advice! Let me know which direction you guys went, and if you regret it or not. I'd like to look back a year from now and know that I made the right decision. Thanks in advance for your help!