Update: This property is now SOLD.
If you are looking for a hobby or working farm/acreage in Ontario and would like to be kept notified of listings that meet your criteria, contact me.
I would be pleased to work with you towards achieving your goal.
I can be reached directly at 289-337-4791 or 905-469-8888 or by email.
Within 35 minutes of Niagara Falls, Burlington and Hamilton, sits an enchanted oasis of peace and privacy.
Situated on 41 acres of halcyon beauty, is a magnificently restored, 2591 sqft, 6 bedroom farm home that awaits those of discriminating taste who desire all of the comforts of today, while being surrounded by the craftsmanship and elegance of days gone by.
This unique and rare property backs onto the Niagara Region's own Twenty Mile Creek and is a perfect place to launch a lazy rowboat or canoe on a serene summer day.
Situated in the heart of the Niagara orchard and grape vine region, this property is perfect for those who would like to have a small agricultural endeavour or live the life of a gentleman farmer with a horse or two grazing in the quiet pastures.
The majesty of century old trees shade this lovely home and offer the perfect respite from the harried pace of modern day life.
The exterior of this home has been restored with beautiful board and batten siding, maintenance free steel roof and eavestrough and attractive gingerbread which has been reproduced from the original design out of 1 1/2 inch cedar.
All windows were replaced with excellent quality double-hung windows, complete with period style mullions, in 1995.
The south side boasts a shady rebuilt verandah overlooking the lovely 120' x 50' pond and fields beyond.
There is a rebuilt verandah with gingerbread trim on the front of the home as well and a beautiful, raised flagstone terrace wraps around the kitchen wing.
The stone foundation has been completely re-mortared, parged and new weeping tile installed in the 90's.
There are newer shutters for period style elegance.
Additional features of the exterior:
- New septic bed in 1995
- New 3000 gallon cistern in 1994
- Drilled well for outside watering
- New water system complete with water softener and UV light ensures quality water for healthy living.
- Four outbuildings and two silos. Outbuildings include large barn, multi-vehicle/machinery drive-shed, smaller barn in need of some restoration and smaller outbuilding complete with electricity.
Chef's Designer Dream Kitchen:
- Beautiful cathedral ceiling with exposed beams
- Sunlight streams in through four spacious skylights
- Ultraline stainless steel gas cooktop, Kitchen Aid stainless steel built-in oven, stainless steel refrigerator (2 years old), dishwasher all included
- French doors leading onto flagstone patio for peaceful summer evening barbecues
- Lovely ceramic flooring throughout kitchen and pantry area
- Stone faced wood-burning fireplace lends a
warm and relaxing ambience of yesteryear
to casual dinners
with family and friends
- Generous centre island with salad sink and gorgeous granite countertop
- Halogen pot lights lend to cooking up a storm with ease
- Under and over cabinet lighting casts a special glow and gentle feeling while cooking or visiting with friends
- Separate pantry with an abundance of cabinets and built-in desk (pantry has access to back yard)
Elegant formal dining room overlooking serene pond and fields beyond:
- Triple french door leading to verandah
overlooking lovely pond and beautiful gardens
- 9 foot ceilings with custom crown moldings and trim
- Warm maple, hardwood flooring
- Will accommodate the large dining room suites of days gone by
- Perfect for extended family gatherings on those special ocassions
Spacious Living Room Boasts Original Refurbished Brass Lighting:
- Relax next to the marble-faced, fireplace complete with wood-burning insert for those cool evenings.
- Burnished maple hardwood flooring
- 9 foot ceilings with stunning custom, crown molding and trim
- Custom made maple staircase and railing
- Opens onto restored gingerbread trimmed, front verandah
- Entry to library/family room and office/den
Main floor family room/library:
- Peaceful room with 9 ft ceilings and original, restored antique trim. Custom crown molding.
- Maple flooring
- Overlooks pond and front verandah
- Entry to office/den
- Lovely crystal chandelier
Main floor office/den:
- Convenient and cosy with built-in bookshelves
- Room for desk and chair
- Perfect place to study or to use as a computer room
Main Floor 5th/6th Bedroom:
- Double French door opens onto verandah overlooking fields and Twenty Mile Creek beyond
- Tucked away in a peaceful and private corner of the main floor;perfect for guests
- Crown molding, 9 ft ceiling and warm, maple flooring
Additional Rooms on Main Floor:
- 3 Piece Bathroom with shower
- Laundry room off of 3 piece bathroom with abundant cabinets and washer and dryer included
- Beautiful custom-made maple staircase leads to an inviting, completely refurbished second level with 4 spacious bedrooms
- Hobby/Sewing Room could be a 5th second level bedroom.
- Refinished, lovely pine floors throughout second level
- Beautiful views from windows in every bedroom
- Vintage 4 piece bathroom with magnificent, claw-foot bathtub and separate, custom-designed corner shower.
Shower has built-in seat for relaxing after a long day. Wainscotting and victorian sink give feeling of stepping back into days gone by.
List Price $609,000
For more information or for appointment to view:
Jo-Anne Smith, B.Sc.
Sutton Group - Quantum Realty Inc.