Whether you are relocating to Oklahoma, or are a born and bred "Okie", here are a few laws that you may not be aware of that are still on the books in Oklahoma!
10. Dogs must have a permit signed by the mayor in order to congregate in groups of three or more on private property. Boy, we sure got lucky growing up. Fortunately we were never caught as three always seemed to be the minimum number of dogs that my family seemed to keep at one time.
9. It is at illegal to wear your boots to bed. Well sometimes at the end of a hard days work, you just wanna fall into bed...boots and all.
8. Oklahoma will not tolerate anyone taking a bite of out any one else's hamburger. What about their cheeseburger? Or chicken nuggets?
7. Whaling is illegal. Last time I checked, there weren't any whales in Lake Thunderbird.
6. Tissues are not to be found in the back of one's car. Now I wonder if this applies to all tissues or just used ones...
5. It is against the law to read a comic book while operating a motor vehicle. I actually have heard that it is now a fineable offense in Texas to use your cell phone while in a school zone. Maybe this law could be amended!
4. No one may spit on the sidewalk. I actually think this law had to do with controlling the outbreak of turberculosis, once upon a time. Plus, this is just good manners.
3. Fish may not be contained in fishbowls while on a public bus. Make sure you remove your fish from its bowl BEFORE boarding the bus.
2. Females are forbidden from doing their own hair without being licensed by the state. Step away from the curling iron, and nobody will get hurt.
1. One may not promote a "horse tripping event." Of course, in Oklahoma, we all know "cow tipping" is another topic entirely.
This is just a fun look at some archaic laws in Oklahoma. But don't let them fool you! Oklahoma is a great state to live in! Okie's love to laugh at ourselves! Share some crazy laws you have heard of or even some great (clean) Okie/Redneck jokes and make someone laugh today!