Canyon Creek, NW Austin TX ~ Why I love living here!
I moved to NW Austin the week-end of the famous Memorial Day floods in 1981…a memorable way to be welcomed!
NW Austin at the time was just coming alive with building expansion projects on the drawing board and goods and services anticipated to be under construction soon. The schools were highly rated and that was my first concern for my two children.
In 1990 I found myself a single mom and obtained my real estate license and entered the fray of the real estate world! By 1994 I met my Geno and we married and built a David Weekley home in a new master planned community called Canyon Creek! I’ve narrowed down all the reasons I love living in Canyon Creek to five (and that was a hard thing to do):
1. I love the size...not too big and not too small. We have 1,330+ really nice residents of all ages living here including 2 gated sections of single family homes.
2. I love the well-manicured Boulevard coming into Canyon Creek with its majestic mature oaks and xeriscaped entrances to each section of the community. I’m proud to have family and friends visit us. They always remark how beautiful our subdivision looks and of course I enjoy showing off our community to prospective buyers.
3. Trail Head Park is a City of Austin 57 acre Park located close to the center of the neighborhood with a pavilion for residents to secure for private parties, swings and play-scapes for the little ones, a basketball court and soccer fields, picnic areas with BBQ and hike and nature trails. It always gives me a wonderful feeling driving by and seeing the facility used by so many neighbors. The park hosts community events such as the annual Easter Egg hunt and the Fall Festival.
4. Canyon Creek Park offers a junior size Olympic pool, tennis courts, basketball court and play-scape by the pool. Our Canyon Creek Cyclone Swim team practices and hosts their meets during the summer. Our back to school pool party is held in our park. We enjoy watching our holiday tree growing (planted by our landscaping company) on the rolling hills of the park for our annual Tree Lighting ceremony. What a community event...bringing neighbors together complete with a horse drawn carriage and Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus!
5. Canyon Creek Elementary is located in the center of Canyon Creek and just was awarded in Austin Monthly “the Best Elementary School “in the RRISD. As a former teacher I like to keep a pulse on the curriculum and activities at Canyon Creek Elementary. I’ve served on the Site Based Advisory Board since the school opened and am constantly amazed at the dedication of our teachers/staff and the positive direction our able principal, Jenny Kasson takes to ensure our children are receiving the best quality education possible.
P.S.: If you are considering a move to NW Austin please consider Canyon Creek a premier master planned community. To learn more about Canyon Creek visit our website we provide for the neighborhood. If you are a property owner interested in knowing current market values in the area...reach out to me at 512-346-1799 or email@example.com. I live work and play in Canyon Creek and have been selling Canyon Creek for 24 years!
I offer professional guidance for residential home buyers and sellers and am your trusted Canyon Creek resource.