Maybe you’ve read lots of advice on selling a house. But do you know the biggest mistake many people make when selling a Lavergne TN home? Not understanding real estate value.
You see, it doesn’t matter what you think your LaVergne home is worth. It doesn’t matter what you did to make in nicer for your family. The value of your LaVergne home is determined by buyers. What you enjoyed about your house may be irrelevant when it’s time to sell. Think in terms of what buyers want, and use some of the following advice on selling your LaVergne home.
1. Find a real estate professional who knows the LaVergne TN real estate market. A good Realtor will know how much similar homes have sold for in your neighborhood.
2. Concentrate on the visible things first. Pay attention to the landscaping and the exterior of the house. A new mailbox is often a good idea. When buyers fall in love with the house before they even enter it, they forgive a lot of problems.
3. Declutter the inside. Move out any extra or oversized furniture. Give away the extras or move it into a storage unit. Your goal is to show potential buyers how spacious and roomy your house is.
4. If your house is not getting many showings, try something new. Is the price too high? If price is the problem, drop it fast. That perfect buyer might pass on by while the home is still over-priced.
5. Listen to the potential buyers who view your house. They’ll be more objective than you. If you hear several times that the kitchen is dark, get out the white paint.
6. Ask your Realtor what is the average sales time for houses in your LaVergne neighborhood. If your house is taking a lot longer than average to sell, there’s a problem, and usually it’s the price.
7. Ask your real estate agent what she plans to do – before you sign a listing agreement. Write down what she says, and hold her to her promises.
8. If there are known problems, such as an old roof or problems with the plumbing, etc., get those items replaced/repaired before you place your home on the market. If you are looking for a top dollar sale price, the house needs to be in top dollar shape.
9. Do improvements that can realistically get you at least a two-to-one return on investment. If $300 to seal the driveway is likely to add $600 or more to the sales price of the home, do it. Always consider first those things that are most visible.
10. Develop and keep a positive attitude about selling your home. Good vibrations and positive energy will go a long way towards getting your house sold.
There are dozens of things you can do to sell your LaVergne home faster, and get a better price. Start with the ones that will get the most “bang for your buck.” Also, read and USE good advice on selling your LaVergne home.