We locate many discounted Atlanta houses for sale for our savvy home buyers and the question that keeps coming up is: What should a home buyer do prior to closing.
I tell any prospective buyer to start the smart way, if you want to end up saving some bucks when you buy. Here are some points to consider.
- Try to locate one of the discounted Atlanta houses on the market. This is the first step towards saving money. These include Atlanta foreclosures or Atlanta bank foreclosures, Atlanta HUD homes, and many pre-foreclosures. You need a a knowledgeable real estate professional to help you with this.
- Make sure you do your due deligence, prior to accepting any offer on the house. This includes getting a home inspection, an appraisal, a property survey, an environmental report etc.
- I also encourage my home buyers to make sure that the drive to and from the property during rush hours to have a good idea of the traffic situation in the area.
- Get pre-qualified, by a major lending institution, before you commit your earnest monies. you want to make sure that you can close. Many potential home buyers are having a lot of difficulties getting a loan now.
- Talk to the neighbors. This is extremely important. After all these are the people you will be living with. Neighbors will often give you a good history about the property. A neighbor once disclosed to us that a certain property that was a foreclosure, had a lot of flooding problems, because of the bad landscaping. This is information you cannot get from the seller (bank) as Atlanta bank foreclosures are usually sold as is.
These are just some of the issues to consider. We help our buyers find discounted Atlanta houses for sale and guide them through the home buying process.
You can get a free list of our discounted Metro Atlanta houses for sale HERE.