Ready to Sell your Home?
Start with selecting the right local real estate professional and prepare your home for sale.
In general you want a sparsely decorate home which will help potential buyers to mentally move into the space with their own things. Rearrange or move some of the furniture in your home if necessary to create that space. Many homeowners have just too much furniture and accessories in a room which if fine when you live there but when you are ready to sell your property it becomes a product competing with the next home.
Remember the 6 C's of home staging:
- Clean: Make sure you clean your home. Windows, screens, electric face-plates, door frames, baseboards, floors, etc. Kitchen sink and counter tops should remain clean too!
- Clutter-free: Clutter eats equity so make sure you pack up all small items from walls and furniture and floors.
- Color: Your walls and floors should have a neutral color. Stay with the creams and grays and paint all bright colored rooms. Add colorful pillows and a throw to spruce up brown, black, or cream sofas. Add a bouquet of flowers to the table or kitchen island.
- Compromise: Do what you can to prepare your home. If you need to pick and choose because your budget doesn't allow for you to do everything compromise and select the improvements that give you the largest return on your investment.
- Creativity: Small changes in the way you arrange your furniture and accessories can make a big difference without breaking the bank.
- Commitment: Follow through. Once you have a list of what you need to do and want to do start. It can be an overwhelming task.