This is just one in a series of Posts For Localism By Jeff & Grace Safrin, F.C. Tucker Advantage Realty, Serving Northwest Indiana...on HOMES SOLD IN A MARKET THAT's NOT SUPPOSED TO BE GOOD....
We received a referral from a Lender recently, first time homebuyers looking to buy an affordable home, close to school .
On our first meeting, we went over the Buyer Information Packet with detailed FLOW Chart explaining the many steps along the path between LOOKING FOR A HOME and MOVING DAY!
After obtaining a signed Exclusive Buyer Agency Agreement our work began.
Several properties came up on the MLS that matched our clients specific criteria and price range......we further investigated these homes specifically to find out more available detailed information on:
- property history
- disclosure forms
- neighborhood comparables of recent solds
prior to even scheduling a showing!
We explained our system of success which includes:
1) First and foremost, DO KNOW YOUR BUYING POWER !
....in this case, our clients came to us with this important first step already completed - A preapproval letter with specific conditions spelled out in writing and disclosure of closing costs on a Truth in Lending Estimate.
2) DO Weed out as many properties "on paper". We pull many homes in the requested Location and Price Range, then go over them together and eliminate some, based on your criteria. In this case, our clients did not want a fixer upper, or a home far from schools, or a home without their minimun bedrooms or square footage preferences.
3) Do not look at more than 5 homes at a time if at all possible...some first time homebuyers get overwhelmed and experince a phenomenon I refer to as BLENDING - inability to differentiate clearly.....mixing and matching the features of several homes they had just seen due to seeing too many at once!
4) Do not mentally move in. The first home you write an offer on May not BE THE ONE! We tell both our Buyers and Sellers, that the real work in Closing the Deal, starts after the negotiated & signed contract!
There are still steps on the Flow chart that may bring up issues to be resolved:
- Multiple Inspections
- Title Search
In our clients case, the Home Inspection on their first purchase agreement, reveled multiple major defects, that would take months to correct and remediate.......alas, it was back to looking all over again :)
Spring, however, is a good time to Shop for a Home, since there are NEW Listings coming onto the Market Daily!
So week 4 of House Hunting found us in front of an affordable and even more spacious home than the first !
with this view from the front porch of the home looking right at.....yes, you guessed it....the local Elementary School !!
Less than 30 days after this offer, with all the many steps along the path to the home buying process behind us...
Our clients now have a Home to call their own!
Sometimes, things happen for a reason. In this case the second deal was the ONE.
Give us a Call to help you Find Your Next Home in Northwest Indiana !
As Your Buyer Agent Respresentative, WE :
- Are CONFIDENT in our ability to find you a home!
- LISTEN to YOUR criteria.
- Share vital information, and keep you informed.
- Strongly encourage a multitude of Inspections.
Communicate closely with Your Lender and the Co-Broker to make sure progress moves forward.
All we ask in return, is your commitment to work exclusively with us during this process!
Other Posts in this series are: Jeff & Grace Safrin REALTORS - "Spouses Selling Houses' TM
Other Posts in this series are:
Jeff & Grace Safrin REALTORS - "Spouses Selling Houses' TM
F.C. Tucker Advantage Realty
Serving Lake County, Porter County, La Porte County, Starke County, Jasper County and Newton County in NW Indiana.
Please feel free to Contact us @ 219-405-1232 or, click the below to read / subscribe to our email newsletter with valuable Relocation Information.
NW INDIANA remains a Great REAL ESTATE MARKET check our past---> SOLD HOMES !
Thanks for Visiting our Blog! To read more about local NW Indiana events, sports, and more, click our blog link below. For more homes for sale view our Other Listings @ www.safrin.net and client testimonials!
We are Your Local Experts for NW Indiana Real Estate.
Call or email us for a RELOCATION Package Today
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by The ActiveRain Network and it's members and those providing comments are theirs alone, and do not reflect the opinions of Jeff and Grace Safrin of F.C. Tucker Advantage Realty. Jeff and Grace Safrin and F.C. Tucker Advantage Realty are not responsible for the accuracy or content provided by The Active Rain Community.