Did you know that people just like you make an Investment in Texas every day by purchasing investment real estate here? Did you also know that real estate is one of the safest and yet most lucrative investments of all and is available to nearly everyone? These are just two of the many facts that are true of real estate investing and unfortunately many people never take advantage of the freedom that they have in this country to grow their net worth and work towards financial independence through real estate investing. Further, those that do are often drawn to more volatile real estate markets around the country chasing rapid appreciation. There are many people who have invested in the recent past in various places around the country that we HOT a few years ago only to be deflated in the current real estate downturn. So how can one actually get into real estate investing safely and make steady but solid returns? Simple - make an investment in Texas!
This is the start of a series of articles designed to explain why those who invest here typically do very well with their investments and why. In this article, we will discuss long term appreciation and why this is like money in the bank, only better!
Why Investment in Texas is Like Money In The Bank!
Here are just a few of reasons why this is the case:
- Investment in Texas, particularly the greater Austin area has a solid appreciation history. Most areas of the town have a historical track record of 6-8% appreciation annualized over about the last 10 years. Many higher demand areas in town enjoy even greater appreciation rates; however they may also be more volatile.
- The north Austin areas are continually receiving an influx of relocating families due to job growth in the area. Entrepreneur Magazine has just rated Round Rock and Killeen as two of the hottest places to make an investment in Texas in 2008.
- Rents are increasing right now. Due to the lack of available financing to many people who last year could buy a home, but now can't qualify, the demand for nice rental property is on the rise. And according to laws of economics, if demand rises, so will prices - and they are RIGHT NOW!
- With as little as 10% down on an investment purchase, rental properties can cash flow positively in the Austin area market. This means that you have money in your pocket every month even after paying management and operations expenses.
- If you have financed 90% of the price of the rental property, then your appreciation gain is supercharged by the fact that only 10% of your money enjoys a 6-8% gain on the TOTAL value of the property. In other words, you are making compounded returns using mostly the bank's money, yet still being able to get the tax benefits. It's hard to beat the returns that you can receive from real estate investments.
When you are ready to make that all-important investment in Texas, please give us a call or contact us via the web or here on our team blog. We investment experts and have a ready supply of inventory homes to assist you with. We can create online virtual tours for any home you are interested in and are available to consult with you on purchase and management strategies. We can connect you with mortgage resources and also offer full leasing and management services to assist you in getting your investment in Texas off the ground.
This information is brought to you as a public service of the The HBH Group Realty Team with Keller Williams Realty. You may learn more about us at our websites located at: http://www.TheHBHGroup.com/ and http://www.TheHBHGroup.biz/ or contact our offices at (512) 439-3772 or toll-free at (877) 268-1877. We are experts in Austin Texas Real Estate Investment and we teach a monthly real estate investment seminar in the Greater Austin area and YOU ARE INVITED to this FREE event. Simply call our offices to reserve your seats! Also ask about the investors club that we are forming in the North Austin markets currently - We would love to have you participate!
Other articles on Investment in Texas:
- Looking for Property Management in Round Rock?
- Investment in Texas Can Help You Retire Early!
- It's Time to Invest in Real Estate, Conservatively!
- Why Flipping Homes Can Carry Strong Liability
- Foreclosures are Always a Bargain! Yea, Right!
- Texas is a GREAT Place to Live and Invest!
- Round Rock Real Estate makes the News...
- The Tale of the Foolish Real Estate Investor