Keeping a home in ready-to-show condition can be stressful and not always easy to do; afterall, you do live in the home, dishes do get dirty, and things get dusty.
Here is sound advice for quick cleanup when a Realtor calls to say "We're on our way".
- Eliminate: Take a quick assessment and eliminate anything that doesn't belong like newspapers, food on dishes, food containers, full trash cans; actually anything you can throw away.
- Surface Clean: Wipe off the counters in the kitchen and bathrooms and wiped down the mirrors. Use a "Swiffer" type mop on floors and vacuum main traffic areas.
- Organize: If you haven't thrown it out, arrange it. Put dirty dishes in the dishwasher, arrange the magazines and make your bed. Don't try to clean up every little space; just put the items together so they look neat.
- Hide: Now look around and see what is left. If you don't want it to show, hide it in a closet.
- Let the Light in: Open the blinds a little to let the light in and turn on the lamps.
- Spray: Spray a "quick odor" eliminating house spray and then light a scented candle in the front room and kitchen.