5 Signs That You Are On Track in Real Estate
Real estate can be a strange business at times. As the markets ebb and flow, we can often see our cash flow do the same. Some agents are strategic and through consistent planning and execution, never seem to get caught in a negative downturn. How do they do this?
Here are 5 signs that you are on track in your real estate business:
- The phone continues to ring. This is accomplished by consistent marketing, social media, blogging, and staying present! Being present means that people can find you and feel that you are the one to turn to no matter what is going on in the market.
- You do not panic! A seasoned agent has been through the ups and downs from economic crashes, natural disasters, client issues, closings that didn't happen at the 11th hour, etc. When you can learn to stay calm during the storm, you know that you are now an "on track" real estate professional!
- You actually have a life outside of real estate! What? Really? YES! When you are on track with your business, you have great systems in place, a schedule that works for you and yes, limitations on what when you will work. The most successful agents that I know do not allow their business to run "them".
- You have an excellent client management system and you use it. Being able to stay in touch with your clients efficiently and staying on top of a transaction is paramount in this business. Find a CRM that works and keep on feeding it daily.
- You are successful. Not only are you successful in your real estate career but also successful in your personal life. You continue to not only grow a business but constantly work on growing yourself. You invest in leadership training, personal development, and networking.
Nope, I didn't mention income did I? I know that if I am focusing on doing these 5 things, the money will come. Keep your eyes on the big picture and you will find success if you are willing to put in the work.
Real estate can be a rewarding and fulfilling career. Throw out what doesn't work and focus on what does. And, don't forget to try new things too!