Here we go with a few more of the short series of things you may not have known about the American holiday of Thanksgiving!
Did you know...
- The American Automobile Association (AAA) estimates over 42 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more from home over the Thanksgiving holiday weekend - Please be careful if you are one of them.
- According to the U.S. Census Bureau, Minnesota is the top turkey-producing state in America, with a planned production total of over 46.million turkeys!
- Six states — Minnesota, North Carolina, Arkansas, Missouri, Virginia, and Indiana — account for nearly two-thirds of the over 250 million turkeys that will be raised in the U.S. this year.
- The National Turkey Federation (who knew there was such a federation LOL) estimated that 46 million turkeys—one fifth of the annual total of 230+ million consumed in the United States—were eaten at Thanksgiving.
- In a survey conducted by the National Turkey Federation, nearly 88 percent of Americans said they eat turkey at Thanksgiving.
- The average weight of turkeys purchased for Thanksgiving is 15 pounds, which means over 600 million pounds of turkey will be consumed in the U.S. during Thanksgiving.
Interesting stuff huh?
Remember, keep stopping by for more interesting, fun Thanksgiving facts!
Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday!
Welcome to our Panama City Beach real estate blog. Please share your thoughts and opinions as comments are always welcome, whether you are a consumer, journalist or another real estate professional.
Our blog includes local and relevant national real estate information, Condo and Home market statistics, personal and professional insights and information about various neighborhoods, subdivisions and listings. If you would like additional information on any of our topics, please contact us directly and we'll be glad to assist you.