The Louis G. Redstone Residential District contains three houses designed by Detroit architect Louis G. Redstone, located in a row on Appoline Street in Detroit. The two-story, red brick structures stand in the Greenwich Park Subdivision in the northwest. Constructed in 1940, they are representative examples of International Style residential architecture designed by architect for himself, his brother and his business partner. [Wayne County, MI] [ Map ]
Photo: Homes on Appoline Street, Louis G. Redstone Residential Historic District, ca. 1940, Detroit, MI. The Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 2014. Photographed by Rob Yallop, Lord, Aeck & Sargent Architecture, 2012 for the nomination document, Louis G. Redstone Residential Historic District, Wayne County, MI, NR# 14000024, National Park Service, National Register of Historic Places, www.nps.gov, accessed November, 2016.