There really isn't any special time that is the right time to sell a home. In this post, Lise Howe shows why it can be a great time to sell during the holiday season:
Every year as we head into the holiday season from Thanksgiving to New Year, many homeowners decide to wait to put their homes on the market for the first time, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays. Here are six great reasons not to wait:
1. Relocation buyers are out there. Companies are not concerned with holiday time and if the buyers have kids, they want them to get into school by January 1.
2. Purchasers who are looking for a home during the holidays are not tire kickers. They are serious buyers and are ready to buy.
3. You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will remain in control.
4. Homes show well when decorated tastefully for the holidays. This is probably not the year for the live nativity on your front lawn, but a wreath and an appropriately sized tree make a home warmer.
5, There is less competition for you as a seller right now.
6, The supply of listings increases substantially after the holidays. Also, in many parts of the country, new construction will continue to surge reaching new heights in 2017, which will lessen the demand for your house.
7. The interest rates have finally started to move. Any increase in the interest rate either increases the amount of the monthly mortgage payment for the buyer or reduces the price they are willing to pay for your home. The Fed is threatening to raise rates in December. Don't wait till the spring and get less than you expected for your home.
If you would like a no obligation analysis of the value of your in today's changing market, please give the Lise Howe Group a call at 240-401-5577 or email us at email@example.com.
If you are looking for a home in the DC metro area, you know there is more to the process than just picking a property and making an offer. You need to find the best location for your wants and needs, get a great price, and work with a lender who will make your life easier - not harder. Trust your search with a Realtor who is licensed in DC, MD and VA and really knows the city and all its secret neighborhoods.
Start your search with the Lise Howe Group, Washington Natives who love the city and all its quirkiness! If you are moving or relocating to Washington DC, be sure to ask for our relocation guide. Call us at 240-401-5577 to schedule an appointment or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Too excited to wait to talk to us about a great home? Just click here to start that home search.
If you want to see what is for sale in Washington DC, Chevy Chase and Bethesda, check out these links below: