As Realtors, Real Estate Agents, we tend to spend more time looking for new " tools" to gain leads, sources of leads, ways to keep our contacts in line, marketing gimmicks, which new website to join, ways to gain exposure, ect... than any other industry.
But, most of us are sitting on gold mines, while chasing shiny new objects and listening to robo calls promising a never ending source of leads.
USE the TOOLS you HAVE! Here is a list of tools that might be at your fingertips, or that you are used to over looking.
1) Your Agency Tools : ah! As a RE/MAX agent, I am embarrassed to admit I bet I do not use 1/10th of the FREE tools available to me. Have you taken the time to learn, implement and track- the tools your own agency has to offer? Here is a hint: you are probably indirectly paying for a plethora of tools your company has to offer... USE THEM!
2) FREE Seller- e-reports: Are you utilizing the weekly seller reports for the major sites your listings are being viewed on? Hint : they start with Z, T and R. You can auto-send your sellers weekly reports of the viewing ont his site: for free. Take advantage of it! #thismakesyoulookgood
3) Do you regularly set your buyers up to receive MLS listings automatically ? We have a setting called " Client Connect " where my clients and prospects receive every new listing and price reduction on homes that meet their personalized search criteria. While they can do this themselves on public sites, when my clients are set up directly from me, I educate them explaining that my listing source is " actual time" and they can also contact me immediately from the e mails. They can also " sort " them in client connect and choose " favorites " they want to look at. Once I had someone on there for 2 years, I was about to take him off, and he called me and said: "Thanks for not giving up on me, I am ready to buy now !"
4) Community Leads Groups : Hello! If you are not in one, start one. Once a month, meet with other business professionals that work by referral and have lunch. In our " online culture" it is critical that you see people face to face.
5) Logo wear : OK this isn't " free" but you have to wear clothes, so why not have a few pieces that tout your brand ?
6) Online Business Plan : Facebook Business Page Regularity, Blogging, Pintrest, the endless list of FREE advertising that keeps you in front of people. Intentional Planning/ posting is KEY.
7) Now, this one is gonna hurt. There is this device, attached to your hip, face and livelihood. It is never too far away from you that you can't hear it ding and you literally experience withdrawals when you are more than 6 feet away from it. HOW MANY DAILY, WEEKLY AND MONTHLY CALLS DO YOU MAKE TO YOUR SPHERE? Do you " track " them? Is there a REGULAR TIME blocked out in your schedule to call every single person you know each quarter of the year? If not, you are missing out on ( countless ) transactions. Calls are free... you pay that bill anyway!
8) Mentor: who is your Mentor? can you name them? Do you regularly meet with them? Ah... if not, you are probably not meeting your goals. The last 2 years, I exceeded my income goal ( while battling a cancer recurrence ) . It is because... I HAD an income goal, and someone to keep me accountable. She is my managing Broker, who btw meets with me for free. OR should I say, I already " pay" my agency fee so, why not USE the abundant, endless, TOOLS I ALREADY HAVE at my fingertips?
9) Many of us are paying for tools/systems we do not even use. Cut the fat in 2017, and analyze each and every dollar you spend for it's return on investment. start by using the complimentary tools fort the required dues we already pay to our Brokerages, and Associations. They work hard to provide them!
Sometimes we are look afar off, when we need to be looking up close. Evaluate the tools you have!
What is your favorite "free" business tool ? Or, perhaps you are paying for tools you do not even use ?