For those of you who enjoy pancakes, (you can also use this recipe for waffles) but don't want to buy the mix with all the extra preservatives, here is a recipe I have been using for quite some time. It produces golden, light, fluffy delicious pancakes... and it's only a matter of stirring a few ingredients into a bowl !!
3/4 cup milk 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoons white vinegar 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup all purpose flour 1 egg
2 Tablespoons white sugar 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl of cup and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour."
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and melted butter into "soured" milk.
- Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet or non stick pan over medium heat. (I use a non stick griddle so I can make 8 at a time).
- Pour batter into skillet using a ladle or large serving spoon (making them as large or as small as you want) and cook until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Flip with spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
These pancakes turn out perfect every single time.... and so delicious. You can add blueberries to the mixture for delicious blueberry pancakes, or add some on top along with a few raspberries.....
I hope I've inspired some of you to try making some!