Hobby is defined as any activity or interest commonly done for pleasure and relaxation. There are many kinds of hobbies to which a person can get hooked. If you're from within Broward County, there are some places that can sustain your interests. Here are some of them.
For philatelists or stamp collectors
- Tropical Stamps - Located at 5170 N Federal Highway in Fort Lauderdale, this specialty shop is a gem for stamp collectors or philatelists. From rare finds, sets, and collections worldwide - you'll definitely enjoy browsing its entire collection of stamps. What's even more engaging is that it conducts auctions in intervals of three to four months. Contact them at 954-351-9794 for inquiries.
For numismatists or coin collectors
- Altier Rare Coins - Heading on to 4615 N University Drive in Coral Springs will let you stop in amazement with the extensive coin collections of ARC, as this specialty shop is commonly called by numismatists. From old coins, mint collections, and even rare ones of silver and gold types are available for sale. What will amaze you even more is that its collection has gone beyond coins - bringing precious metals, silver flatwares, and other valuable collections before the public eye. If you have your own pieces, you can also have them appraised and bought. Remember 954-580-3595 as the digits to dial for any questions regarding its services.
For radio-controlled (RC) enthusiasts
- Maniacs Hobby - Pardon the word the owner used for branding, but it not in anyway meant to be a negative one. Instead, it is aimed towards appreciating the world of RC models. Radio-controlled aircrafts, boats, cars, trains and other transportation models are available in this shop's galleries. They also have spare parts and other accessories bring your RC collection to a higher scale. If you're into this bandwagon, better set your foot at 7676 Peters Road in Plantation, Florida.
For brick-toy and construction set collectors
- Lego Store - Since it conception, the brand Lego has become synonymous with brick toys and construction sets. Fortunately, Broward County has been one of the lucky areas where the brand chose to have its physical store. In 12801 W Sunrise Boulevard, you will find the diversity of brick toys it offers to collectors. Children and adults alike frequent this shop for exclusive finds. Over the web, there are buyers who claim that among the exclusives they found include Porsche 911 sets and Cinderella Castle. You can make DIY designs here for you to take home. The number to call is 954-514-5806 if you have any questions.
For anime lovers or otakus
- Super Anime Store - Otakus volt-in! Go over 4950 NW 88th Avenue in the City of Lauderhill and release your chakras that will bring out the real otaku in you. Offering action figures, plushies, comics, anime titles, cosplay apparel and accessories, and other anime-related merchandise - your eyes will definitely go round with the shop's collections. Almost every anime and manga titles are covered to bring the widest diversity of products it can possibly have. Contact 954-489-8640 for further details about the products being offered.
Here are just some five of the hobby-related shops from within Broward County. If you think the list is over, definitely not. There are more of these specialty shops catering to more of your interests. Hit the comments and let other readers know of those spots that will sustain their hobbies.