'Tis the season for giving, and what better way to show your appreciation to those customers who helped make your year a success than a small, thoughtful present from their favorite real estate expert? Here are a few ideas for us all to spread the holiday cheer (and a few business cards, too)!
1. Cards! I know, cards are old school....but there's nothing wrong with that! There's not much better around this time of year than opening up the mailbox and seeing a beautiful card. Most people love to display their holiday cards for the entirety of the holidays, so pick out something pretty, write a little personal message, stick in your business card, and make someone's day!
2. Electronic greetings! For those of you newer school folk out there, there are loads of great options for electronic gift cards and greetings! You won't necessarily be able to get the same personal touch as a hand written, paper card, but if you use a site like JibJab to create a hilarious dancing elf video, you will DEFINITELY bring a smile to any customers face. As an added bonus, a lot of these sites offer free card/video options, and you can mass email them to your entire client database with just a few clicks!
3. Think local! A fantastic gift idea, especially for those clients who have recently purchased a home and are new to your area, are gift cards from some of your favorite local small businesses. New folks might not know about that little hole in the wall restaurant that's only open for breakfast but serves the BEST omelettes you've ever tasted, so open their eyes to some of your great hidden hometown treasures! As an added bonus, you may form a great reciprocal relationship with some of these local business owners, where you purchase gift cards for your customers, and they hand out your business cards to theirs.
4. Branded items! You can find some excellent deals online right now for items featuring your logo, and they make great gifts for your clients! Coffee mugs, calendars, recipe cards....the possibilities are pretty much endless here. And every time your customer uses that cup or changes the date on the calendar, they'll be reminded of their favorite agent!
5. Something handmade! Nothing says "I took time out to think about you" more than a handmade gift. It doesn't have to be something super extravagant or complicated, so don't be daunted by the idea! You could purchase clear Christmas ball ornaments, fill them with glitter or fake snow or paint! Or, get all the dry ingredients to your favorite Christmas sugar cookie and layer them in a mason jar. Print out a little card with the recipe, and all your customer will have to do is add some milk and eggs and enjoy a tasty treat!
What are some of the greatest gifts you've given (or recieved) to your clients for the holidays?