What can I say? I love eggnog and I love coffee...
and since I have been known to splash eggnog
into my coffee, this recipe may have been written just for me (LOL).
Thank you to Bed, Bath and Beyond for their
Holiday Your Way series where I found this. If you haven't
been to the Bed, Bath and Beyond website, I highly recommend
checking it out to find all things festive.
So here is a twist on eggnog that might make you rethink eggnog...
both chocolaty and coffee flavors that everyone will love,
and the alcohol is optional!
- 1 quart eggnog
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso
- 3 tablespoons hot cocoa mix
- 1/4 cup each Kahlua and Godiva liqueur, optional
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Nutmeg for sprinkling
- In a pitcher mix: the eggnog, instant espresso, hot chocolate mix, and liqueur (if using).
- Stir to combine.
- Chill minimum 30 minutes to overnight.
- Top each cup with 2 tablespoons of whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.