MORTGAGE INTEREST RATE LOCK ADVISORY
December 1, 2016, 7:50 AM PT
- 1-15 Day Close: LOCK
- 16-30 Day Close: LOCK
- 31-45 Day Close: LOCK
- Recommendations can change throughout the day.
- Click for current Lock Advice
Reverse Mortgages Provide Senior Financial Security.
- Average 30-Yr FRM, up 0.05 points to 4.08% on 12-1-16
- Rate Price Based on 3.5% MBS, Up 0.34 Point.
- DJI Stocks - Currently, $19,193.13, Up $69.55 0.36%
- Asian & European Stock Market Indexes Down -0.111%
- Crude Oil (WTI) - Currently, $50.95, Up $1.51
- Gold 1 Ounce - Currently, $1,165.30, Down ($9.40)
MARKET REPORTS & ANALYSIS
- Rate Lock Advisory. Lock on up ticks. Rates are up again today and technical analysis provides no sign of rates improving in this uncertain market..
- Thursday's Market Data: The ISM data is another negative for MBS that were already under pressure due to Russia's announcement that they would join OPEC in production cuts. Overall, another negative day for rates.
- Wednesday's Results: prices for rates based on Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) closed up 0.57 point.
30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.08 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending December 1, 2016, up from last week when it averaged 4.03 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.93 percent.
- Thursday AM Brief
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau in jeopardy
- Congress could play Grinch this Christmas for homeowners
- Mortgage Rates: Higher for the Holidays
- Conforming loan limits increase for first time since 2006
- Financial planners warming to reverse mortgages
- Fannie and Freddie Lowering Underwriting Barriers
- Mortgage Brokers are Grabbing a Larger Market Share
Say what you will about the Ten Commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact
that there are only ten of them. ~ H.L. Mencken
Cyber criminals are hacking email accounts and sending emails with fake wiring instructions. These emails are convincing and sophisticated. Always independently confirm wiring instructions in person or via a telephone call to a trusted and verified phone number. Never wire money without double-checking that the wiring instructions are correct.