What Did You Say That Buyer's Offer is On My Home?
A home seller needs to understand their rights when selling their home. I call it the Sellers Bill of Rights and it has been around a long time with many names people use. No matter how your real estate market is progressing...hot or sluggish, you should recognize and prepare for what you need to know as a seller.
Here are a few of the points that give you an overview of what you should know/ and or expect from your real estate agent:
- Be prepared to see a market analysis of the current real estate market, as well as the home solds in the last 6 months for comparable homes like yours.
- Receive what a typical selling price range should be and what your 'Net Proceeds' will be out of a house sale before listing your home.
- Talk to your agent about what price range you can and will accept prior to listing the home. Are you realistic in what you can expect on the house sale? Will you end up being a short sale?
- Ensure that this real estate agent will negotiate in good faith for you. Test their skills by posing questions to them in how they would handle requested home repairs or a lowball offer from a buyer with you. Can they quickly bring to the table a 'talk' that satisfies your needs. If they say they are a strong negotiator remind them that in the 'throws' of negotiations that they are working for you.
- Do not eliminate low offers on the house. Many a buyer will lowball hoping to get that one bargain. Negotiate well since you know where you need to be on a house sale because you addressed this up front with your agent.
Here are some starting points that will help you as you prepare to think about listing your home for sale. If you are in the RI real estate market area, I would love to hear from you and see how I may guide you in this process.
What do you expect your Sellers Rights to be?
Waterfront, oceanfront, luxury and coastal Rhode Island real estate are my specialty but all of RI is my backyard. When you are in need of a knowledgeable RI real estate professional and specialist for your buying, selling or relocating needs and an internet savvy marketer who sells RI houses in this real estate market, call Ginny Gorman at 401.529.7849 or email her at RiByTheBay@gmail.com today.