Right now there is probably between three and four feet of snow on Grand Mesa. Quite a bit of snow has fallen up there in the last few weeks, but the last snowfall was a wet one and the ground amount has settled. The last report I heard put us at 105% of our water amount in the snow for this year. That's great news. Let's hope it keeps snowing. I know the skiers and snowmobilers feel the same way.
This is the time of year when we don't see much real estate activity on Grand Mesa. Most of the cabins are snowed in, although a few people do live up there year round. If you have a snowmobile and a couple of good shovels I would be happy to set up some showings. The more snow, and the wetter the snow, the more difficult it is to access the cabins.
- Nothing has changed since last month's real estate market report.
- There are still six cabins listed. Price begin at $175,000 and go up to $299,000. The average list price is 226,416. The median list price is $214,000.
- So far this year three cabins have sold with an average selling price of $171,633. Nothing priced over $200,000 has sold yet this year.
- Five vacant lots are on the market. The list prices start at $55,000 and go up to $68,500.
- Two lots have sold so far this year with an average selling price of $48,500.
I don't expect we will see any changes in the market over the next few months, but you never know. I will keep you posted with what's for sale on Grand Mesa.
If you have any questions about the properties that are currently on the market, I would be happy to answer those for you. Contact me for more information. I look forward to hearing from you.
I've lived on Colorado's Western Slope for over 26 years. I love this area and all it has to offer, and I enjoy sharing what I know about my home. As a REALTOR®, I also love to share my expertise in this area as well. If you need any real estate information for Montrose County, or Delta County, Colorado...please give me a call.
*This information comes from CREN (Colorado Real Estate Network). Not all homes are listed and sold by the broker writing this report. This report is intended to show market trends.