Getting Ready for 2017?
Do you have a plan to GROW your business?
One of the best post I have come across - from George Souto.
Suggestion For How To Succeed & Grow Your Business
Suggestion For How To Succeed & Grow Your Business. The latest ActiveRain Contest is "ActiveRain Contest-what have you learned about growing your business" sponsored by Paul McFadden. As the title implies we are to share how we have grown our business through the years. Sharing what I have done to grow my business as a Loan Originator is easy, but I thought I would step it up a notch. I want to share not only what I have done to increase my business, but to also share what the experienced Loan Originators I work with feel has not only increased their business, but would advice others to do in order to succeed as a Loan Originator.
The suggestions below are the result of a question we posed to our Loan Originators almost two years ago when we hired 6 new Loan Originators, my son Matthew Souto being one of them. We wanted to start the new Loan Originators off with solid advice from our experience Loan Originators on what they felt a new Loan Originator needed to do to succeed. The reason why I have chosen to share their list of suggestions, and not just what I have done to grow my business, is because looking back my career as a Loan Originator, it is following these same suggestions which has grown my business through the years.
Below are the 10 top suggestions that our Loan Officers came up with.
Suggestion For How To Succeed & Grow Your Business:
1. Don’t take things personally!
- Don’t be discouraged if the real estate community doesn’t welcome you with open arms.
- Don’t blame yourself for someone else’s frustration, if you are not the cause
- This job can be difficult and frustrating. You have to have a thick skin.
2. Take time each day to count the good things!
- Many things happen every day. Focus on the positives!
- The Positives are what will keep you motivated.
- Avoid Negativity at all costs!
3. Under promise and over deliver!
- Don’t make promises you cannot keep!
- If you say you are going to do something, do it!
- Don’t just tell people what they want to hear!
- Don’t be the originator that always says “yes”. A quick, explained and professional “no” is often as good as a “yes”.
4. Never stop learning!
- The more knowledgeable you are, the more valuable you are to your business partners and customers.
- Use your mistakes to become better at what you do.
- Take advantage of all the training opportunities we offer.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
5. Organize, Organize, Organize!
- Pay attention to the details!
- Have a designated work space
- Know how to access information quickly and efficiently
- The more organized you are, the easier the job becomes
6. Follow up, Follow up, Follow up!
- Don’t wait to hear from your business partners, Be Proactive!
- Return all your calls promptly!
- Don’t leave anything for tomorrow!
- Tackle problems head on! The longer you wait the bigger the problem will become.
- Continue to contact your customers
- After Pre-Qual
- After closing
7. Don’t become the Sanford and Son of Loan Originators!
- Don’t let agents select you for the wrong reasons
- Don’t waste time working on loans that have no chance of closing
8. Make a plan!
- Plan your week in advance
- Stick to the plan
- Review what happened each day
- Look for areas where you can improve your time management
- Set appointments
9. Don’t stop making sales calls!
- Show up/Attend/Participate – you never know who you will meet
- Make calls consistently
- See all of your targets a minimum of once a week
- Always have something to talk about
- Contact your sales manager for ideas
10.Ask for Quality Introductions!
- Don’t be afraid
- Do you know anyone else I should be speaking with?
- Ask every time you have the opportunity
I think our Loan Originators made excellent recommendations in the above list of Suggestion For How To Succeed & Grow Your Business, and hope those reading this list benefit from them as well. One additional benefit which came out of asking our experienced Loan Originator this question. Many of them after listing their suggestion(s), followed up by saying they also needed to get back to doing what they were suggesting to the new Loan Originators.
Info about the author:
George Souto NMLS# 65149 is a Loan Originator who can assist you with all your #FHA, #CHFA, and #Conventional #mortgage needs in Connecticut. George resides in Middlesex County which includes #Middletown, #Middlefield, #Durham, #Cromwell, #Portland, #Higganum, #Haddam, #East Haddam,# Chester, #Deep River, and #Essex. George can be contacted at (860) 573-1308 or firstname.lastname@example.org