Even though I live in Kendall, a suburb of Miami, when I visit downtown or the beaches, it's easy to see why Miami is coined the "magic city". It is one of the most breathtaking cities I have seen, and I have been to quite a few. There is nothing like the water views with our unique architecture and blazing sunsets. Seeing Miami at night will almost bring tears to your eyes with its sheer beauty.
I am Texas-born but Miami has been my home since 1973 and I fall in love with it more each day. Especially at this time of year when my family and friends up north are cursing me when I post pics on Instagram & Facebook in a tank top while on my evening walk. Sorry!
In case you need more convincing, here's 10 reasons Miami is a fantastic city to move to:
- Weather: With an average year-round temperature of 75 degrees, our weather is usually the envy of the rest of the nation, and why many flock here in January, February & March.
- Culture: Miami is home to a plethora of ethnicities and why I find it so endearing. You get exposed to amazing cultures around the globe and watch people meld together beautifully.
- People: While many say Miami is one of the rudest cities, I actually find it to be the opposite. This also might be because I smile at everyone. In my experience, Miamians are giving and genuine. I believe it's because of our many cultures and acceptance of so much diversity.
- Dining: From Asian to Cuban to Colombian to Italian, there is not any cuisine in the world you cannot sample in Miami. Our dining is one of the best in the nation! You cannot ever tire of the variety our city has to offer when it comes to world-class dining that encompasses everything from food truck deliciousness to 5-star fancy.
- Beaches: My favorite spot is South Point Park, where you can walk the boardwalk to the beach and watch the cruise ships leave in the late afternoon. Miami's beaches are world-famous and ever since I was a little girl, the beach has been a favorite spot of mine to relax, reflect and recharge. You can usually catch me at South Point on Sundays.
- Lifestyle: I remember telling my Doctor I had joined a gym and he asked me why.... I was stunned at his question but, he made perfect sense. He went on to tell me that with such amazing weather and the abiity to be outdoors year-round, he tells his patients there's no need to go to a gym to stay in shape. I took his advice, bought a bike and walk several miles 3-4 times a week. It's not only physically beneficial but I find it mentally therapeutic.
- Real Estate: Our real estate market is diverse, affordable and Miami is ranked at the top of the market for international buyers. Property investment is huge here!
- Business: Because of our weather, our vibrant youth entering the workfield and the fact we are an international gateway to Latin America and Europe, many businesses are moving headquarters to Miami. While LA and NYC experience rising costs, Miami's become a lead contender.
- Staycations: You don't have to go far to vacation when you live in Miami. The Florida Keys, Naples, Walt Disney World and much more are a mere car drive away. A weekend getaway is affordable and easily accessible.
- Entertainment: Art, music, fashion...we have it all and Miami's home to famous clubs, bars and top restaurants. There's something for everyone in Miami from day to night and for all ages.
Ready to move? Call me and let me show you around town!