Image is everything and it's a fact that a "picture is worth a thousand words". As many real estate professionals can attest to, quality photos for listings are so important. Over 80% of home buyers conduct a home search online and photos are the number 1 thing they're looking for. If you've seen bad photos on a home listing, you know what I am talking about. Even worse...no photos at all. You can't hit "next" fast enough.
With that said, hopefully your listings look spectacular. But, what about photos for blogging? Here's my 2016 list of the best websites for use on your website/blog that will take it to the next level. Best of all, they're free, although many offer you an opportunity to donate to the photographer which I highly recommend to show your appreciation:
- Pexels.com: I use this one the most. Excellent, large selection and I love the fact you can pick a size to download. Nice flow to the site as well.
- Pixabay.com: My second favorite, although I wish you could customize the download size. Otherwise, another site with terrific selection.
- Unsplash.com: Great site but not crazy about the layout; it's a bit awkward but some great high-res pics to choose from.
- StockSnap.io: Another favorite of mine because it is user-friendly and nicely categorized.
- Re:splashed.com: Smaller selection but easy to navigate and search by tags.
- Stockpic.com: Excellent selection and the option for a Premium membership at decent prices; much better than paying per photo as many sites require and that can add up quickly!
Enjoy and please feel free to share your favorites too! Sharing is caring....
Featured photo credit: Pexels.com