I was reading earlier this morning a question or should I say call to action, from one of the websites. They were asking the question: Are you stuck in LA, well check out these restaurants and their holiday drinks!
This in turn made me reflect, how lucky I am to live in Los Angeles, CA. somehow the word “stuck” seemed offensive and inappropriate to me.
Then I started pondering as to how many people from all over the Globe would love to Relocate to Los Angeles, because they feel “stuck” where they live. Those of you who know me and have read my posts over the years know that we relocated from Boston, MA to Los Angeles, CA about twenty plus years ago. Never did I feel that we were stuck in LA!
Instead I felt grateful that we came here and the list is long to write in a short post, so I will just mention a few reasons.
I can still vividly recall the conversation I had with Diane about an opportunity for her to get a promotion which entailed relocating to Los Angeles. We had numerous discussions previously about how nice it would be to ‘retire in California’, having said that, I mentioned why not move to time up and let our dog Jezebel retire in CaliforniaJ.
Now let’s look at the Pros:
- Temperate climate with an average high temperature of 71.7% with a low temperature of 55.9%translates to an average temperature of 63.8%
- Farmer’s Markets open all year around
- Largest Urban Sprawled Metropolitan City
- Movie Capital of the World (Hollywood)
- Startup Capital of the World (silicone beach)
- Luxury living (Beverly Hills)
- World Class Chefs (Puck, Keller, Matsuhisa etc.)
- Close to Pacific Ocean (Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica, Pacific Palisades & Malibu to name a few)
- Diverse food, diverse neighborhoods, diverse people
- Closer to wine country
- Great Symphonic Orchestra & Hall
- Hollywood Bowl
- Greek Theater
- Very competitive work atmosphere in every profession (to some this could be a negative for the A type this is a Plus.
- Housing is pricey (keep in mind I am a Realtor so it is not a bad thing for me)
Now let’s look at the Cons:
- Traffic can be hellish (6-9 miles could take 45 min to an hour or more)
- Big city people & mentality (living in New York City could be a good training ground to fit in Los Angeles).
- Do not be fooled with the ‘Sunshine’ there is crime in LA just as in any other major city in the US.
If you are considering buying or selling a home, a luxury home, luxury investment real estate, luxury vacation homes, or luxury beach properties in Southern California, Los Angeles, Century City, Westwood, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Marina Del Rey, Venice or Malibu, feel free to contact me at310.486.1002 (m) or email@example.com or visit one of my websites at http://www.endrebarath.com. I am a Pet Friendly Realtor and I contribute a portion of my commission to local animal rescue organizations.