Want to ride the Real Estate Ferris Wheel? It is your choice, go round and round or learn how to BUST these Real Estate myths. They come from a mix of Main Stream media? "Not so" Real Estate Reality shows? Do-gooders? and or inexperienced agents? Real Estate myths sure can hurt a consumer more than help them.
As a consumer you have the power to defeat this evil. You have the power of choice which is to choose the a good agent who is willing, ready and able to guide you through each step of the Real Estate process.
The TOP MYTHS ready for some myth busting:
1. MYTH: ALL LISTING AGENTS ARE THE SAME: All agents are not created equal, so your choice in agents is one of the most important steps. You will want to hire a LISTING AGENT who is FULL TIME, FULL SERVICE and WELL EXPERIENCED with Listing, negotiating and selling SHORT SALES. Experience does not coming from taking classes, reading books or watching a negotiation. It comes from actually listing, negotiating and selling them. Do not be fooled....
2. MYTH: ANYONE CAN SELL THEIR HOME USING A SHORT SALE: In order to complete a short sale, a seller must be able to show a "hardship". Some examples are: not being able to afford your monthly payment, losing a job, illness, divorce, death or job transfer to another state. If you owe more than the house is worth and do not have another hardship, you could be denied.
3.MYTH: THE AGENT THAT GIVES YOU THE HIGHEST VALUE SHOULD ALWAYS BE THE ONE TO USE: Pricing the home will determine if anyone looks at it and how quick it will sell. Pricing a home too high means no one may even look at it. Pricing it to low means your Short Sale will probably be rejected costing you time and your chance for a short sale.Do not be tricked into someone giving you a high value just to get your listing only to tell you in a couple of weeks to slash your price.
4. MYTH: BIGGER IS BETTER: Do not get tricked into thinking that a bigger company is better. As a consumer you should focus on choosing the right agent. The agent with the most sales is probablily the one that is available the least for personal service when you need them..
5. MYTH: DISCOUNT BROPKER ALWAYS SAVE YOU MONEY: Discount Brokers often mean discount services. in a haste to save money it could cost you. Full service agents will offer more resources, time and effort to get your home sold quicker and at the best obtainable price.
6. MYTH: A LOWBALL OFFER SHOULD ALWAYS BE YOUR 1ST OFFER: Many markets are seeing the amount of homes on the market at levels less than half of just a few years ago. Prices are selling in days in some cases. By making a LOWBALL offer, you may liose the chance to buy your dream home.
7. SHORT SALES ARE TOO DIFFICULT TO USE TO BUY OR SELL A HOME WITH. This is one of the largest myths. Everyone hears the horror stories about short sales taking 6 months to a year but no one hears about the short sale that only took 3 weeks for me to get approval and 4 1/2 weeks to close. The truth is a short sale only goes as well as the listing agent is experienced in the listing, negotiating and selling of short sales. Banks are easier to work with these days, they are receptive to short sales. The banks however have no tolerance for incomplete short sale packages or agents who price homes way below market value to attract more buyers. Choosing a local agent who is well experienced can assist a home owner to sell if they owe more than the house is worth or if they are behind in their mortgages. They can also help buyers who have some time and patience to get a great deal.
In the end "The MORAL to this story" is that a great agent can bring great results.
Everyone should know that All Agents are not created equal and every buyer or seller should take the time to hire the BEST not just the biggest Agent or Company. It is important to Hire the BEST Agent. In NH that could be me.
By using a philosophy, which is simple, to provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process, I can help you find your dream home .
It does not take magic to turn your "For Sale" sign into a "Sold" sign. It takes a full time Local Agent who specializes in Listing homes like yours.
To CONTACT Scott Godzyk please call 603.661.2121 or EMAIL: Sctprop@aol.com .
About the Author: Scott Godzyk is the Owner/Broker of the Godzyk Real Estate Services in Manchester NH. Proud to be locally owned and operated with 30 years of experience, Scott is a leading Agent for Listing and Selling Homes in this area.We are Full Time Agents ready to serve all of your Real Estate needs with an infamous philosophy, which is simple: To provide more personal and professional service to guide my clients through each step of the buying or selling process.