- November 2016 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales -
As we usually see this time of year, home sales in Scottsdale were quieter, but still decent. Inventory was only up slightly and while pendings and sales were down, they were only down by a little bit.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – NOVEMBER 2016
The image below maps out Scottsdale home sales activity over the past 12 months.
- Single-family homes for sale are shown in the red line.*
- Pending home sales are shown on the green line.*
- Home Sales are shown on the purple line.
NOVEMBER 2016 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: After a huge jump between September and October, the rate of homes coming onto the market between October and November slowed to 1.3%. Inventory had been steadily increasing over the past several months, so it is nice to see it slowing.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pending sales dropped to 250, which is in line with the seasonal slowdown this time of year.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: Sales were also off slightly as well, but still solid at 371.
Below is some additional information relating to the Scottsdale housing market.
The top section looks at how things have been changing month-over-month. For example, pending sales were down 6.7% between the end of October and the end of November.
The lower section measures pricing. It compares actual sales prices with the prices homes had been on the market for. So, in November, homes on average sold for 96.5% of their asking prices. Or, looking at it another way, buyers on average saw a 3.5% discount off of list prices.
Here is a sampling of some of the homes on the market, or click the link above to see all of the homes for sale.
*Figures for active homes for sale and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 12/1/2016 and can change at any time. The analysis looks at single-family resale homes for sale and home sales in Scottsdale AZ over the last 12 months. Information deemed reliable, but not guaranteed. There may be new home inventory in these figures if the developer is using the MLS to market its homes. This post represents the opinion of the author. No warranties express or implied.
Copyright © 2016 Heather Tawes Nelson | Joyce Tawes