Yes, I new record. I'm excited for my results this month...things are clicking into gear. I actually exceeded my goal!
My goal was to make $1,000 for the month...and I hit $1,140 for the month. Now, this is starting to turn into something substantial.
The key difference this month is that I turned some ads on. I tried to do this very tastefully. I could have done much more, but I see so many sites that are so super cluttered that it really interferes with readability, and I didn't want to majorly detract from the user experience. Further, it doesn't appear that my bounce rate nor pages/visit has changed much.
The ads went live on the afternoon of 12/1 and I used Monumetric. They set everything up for me for free, so I didn't need to learn anything. Yay. They do that for sites that have at least 80,000 page views/month. My site typically has 120,000 page views per month. (of course, it's always lower during the month and I only hit around 107,000 views).
Here's a quick breakdown:
Monumetric Ads: $792
Amazon Associates $315
All Other $33
Now, December is a bit of an anomaly as ad rates are higher and more people are buying gifts on Amazon, so I'm guessing that this translates to $600-$700/month starting in January.
My goal is to reach $5,000/month by December of this year. I don't yet know how I'm going to get there, but I have several ideas I want to implement on both my sites (in my "downtime). As I grow my sites (as I write more blog posts and drive more traffic there), the numbers should naturally grow. And, as I offer more "products," it can help me accelerate growth. I have several ideas for "products" (which will probably be digital products (at least over the next year or so), and I'm open to suggestions.
So, goal for January = $875 and for February = $1,250...this is to get me on my growth plan to $5,000 by next December. We shall see.
Here are the articles I wrote this month (and you may find some to be of interest).
The Flooring Girl
- Area rugs for kids - The top 10 most popular area rugs for kids
- 5 ways to mix and match throw pillows for a fresh new look
- Which are the best brands of polyurethane for hardwood floors
- Where to buy stair rods for carpet runners
- How to remove paint from carpet
- Looks like hardwood, but it's waterproof: Coretec Plus Review
- 2017 Hardwood Flooring Trends - This is my latest epic post. Last year's article generated 115,000 clicks and I'm hoping this one will do well too. I will publish on here soon. In the mean time, feel free to read/comment on the original and/or socially share the original. I launched it on the 31st and so far, it already has 198 social shares.
- 44 Free or Nearly Free Marketing Ideas for your business - This should come in handy to help get 2017 off to a great start. It's a mega post that you may want to read in doses.
I hope these articles are helpful. If you want to learn more about how I'm monetizing my blog or how I'm getting stellar results on my website traffic, give me a shout on my cell 203-231-6193.