They might not say it, but your clients want to feel like they’re the only ones you’re working with. By making sure they have an unmatched client experience, you’re setting yourself up for more referrals and radiant reviews. It’s a total win-win.
Here are some easy ways (that go a long way) to show you care about your clients:
Before they’re your client
- Practice great communication. Respond to all inquiries quickly and kindly. Not only do prompt responses show prospects you have time for them, but they might also prevent prospects from seeking out your competitor.
- Provide free and honest advice before they invest in your services. This simple, but important gesture shows you’re an expert in your field and are passionate about helping others navigate its complexities.
- Meet in person or talk over the phone. Potential clients are more likely to trust you (and hire you) if they can put a face or voice to a name. This kind of interaction also allows you to show off your personality in ways an email can’t.
While they’re your client
- Kick off your business relationship with a welcome gift. This shouldn’t be an extravagant gesture; choose something simple, yet thoughtful. A great welcome gift should excite your clients about what’s to come, or the positive end-result of working with you.
- Keep the communication lines flowing. Prove to clients your swift responses during initial conversations weren’t just a ploy to gain their business. Work hard to make yourself available for a chat whenever they have a question or concern.
After they’re your client
- Send a handwritten note. We know you’ve heard this one a thousand times, but it’s worth repeating. There’s nothing more special than knowing someone took the time to personally write you a thank-you note. Mention something specific from your experience together to really make an impression.
- Follow-up. This is your chance to figure out what you could’ve done better or to ask for a review or testimonial. You can’t afford not to do this!
- Send them at least four marketing items of value each year. Most clients will work with you again or refer you to a friend if they remember your name. This is why repetition branding is so vital to the success of your business. We recommend sending at least four items of value each year. We hope you’ll consider our best-selling magnetic calendars, magnetic sports schedules and notepads for this.
- If you’re a real estate agent, you’ll need a wow-worthy closing gift to top off your client experience. The more personalized the gift, the better. For the best ideas, check out our heirloom-worthy, gift-ready line, LifeLong Gifts.