“People influence people. Nothing influences people more than a recommendation from a trusted referral. A trusted referral is the holy grail of advertising.” –Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook
As a new year begins, it’s important to nurture your referral network in a variety of ways so that you continue to stay top-of-mind. Keep your contacts organized and updated in a Google drive or CRM to make your interactions with them more effective. Recording notes on each person such as when you last spoke with them and important details (e.g., dog lover, five kids) or notable dates (e.g., birthdays, relocation), will guide when and how you reach out to them. You could even take it a step further by ranking your referral source database so you can prioritize and thank your “VIP referrers.” Use this valuable information to inform your interactions with your referral network both online and offline.
It’s 2017, so yes – there are endless ways to stay top-of-mind in this digital world we live in.
- Add your trusted referral network to your monthly newsletter or email list
- Consistently share valuable content on your blog
- Connect with them on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat and LinkedIn
- Host a live Q&A session on Facebook or Twitter to answer questions
- Send them an email to check in
- Invite them to your upcoming webinar
- Alert them when vendors are offering discounted services such as painting, gutter cleaning or leaf blowing in the fall
As creative as you can get with engaging online, there is nothing more impactful than in-person connections.
- Pop-by their office or home with a thoughtful gift
- Host a client appreciation party or event (e.g., sports game, happy hour)
- Send them a handwritten thank you note or holiday card
- Treat them to a cup of coffee at a new local café
- Invite them to your seminar or speaking engagement
- Meet up with old clients who have relocated when you’re in their city for work
- Pick up the phone to check in and say hello
Regardless of how you stay in touch with your sphere of influence, it’s imperative to nurture these relationships both online and offline. At the end of the day, if they or someone they know has a real estate need, you want them to immediately think of one person: you.
Your real estate business is bigger than you think. ReferralExchange matches your clients with 3 great agents and pays you a 25% referral fee at closing.