Everyone wants to know what we can expect in 2017. After all, we are starting a new year with a new president. So here are 9 trends Svenja Gudell, chief economist for Zillow, and Jonathan Smoke, chief economist for Realtor.com predict.
1. Generation Millennials & Baby Boomer are making purchases.
2. Home values are expected to increase slowly.
3. Suburbs are becoming more attractive.
4. Plan on building, plan on spending a little more.
5. Midwest is becoming a hot spot for millennials.
6. West Coast prices are on the rise due to job growth.
7. Smaller homes built closer to public transit.
8. Mortgage rates will climb throughout the year.
9. Don't want to buy, just yet, renting is becoming more affordable.
To read the full article, click the link below.
9 real estate trends to expect in 2017. Glink, Ilyce. MoneyWatch. CBS News. 12/19/16