The Scoop: Weekend of January 5th
The wildly successful Smile NYC comes south in the form of OTL, short for “out to lunch.” The healthy hangout with good coffee officially bows January 10, but curious types can check it out now. The Smile, which began in 2009 as an all-day spot to dine in or out, work and mingle, operates four locations in Manhattan. OTL’s Cuban meets crisp décor blends earth tones, pale wood and marble. An upstairs area is used for programming like yoga classes and cool pop-ups. High-speed WiFi appeals to professionals looking for an office on the fly, and art lovers will find Nate Lowman’s works depicting magnetized bullet holes. Fare is simple—avocado toast, granola and seasonal fruit bowls for breakfast, and salads and sandwiches on Zak the Baker bread for lunch.
CHANEL’S NEXT CHAPTER
Chanel debuted its first-ever Storybox concept in Aventura. The boutique exclusively focuses on fragrances and beauty for fans to engage with the brand including iPad tutorials. The store’s theme changes every two months to highlight a product displayed on the Edit Table. Clients are invited to test and play with it, whether cosmetics, skin care or fragrances, such as Chanel No.5 L’Eau, whose campaign stars Lily-Rose Depp (pictured). Olivier Polge, the famous perfumer from Grasse, France, who developed Flowerbomb for Viktor & Rolf and Chanel Boy, the house’s first unisex fragrance last summer, created its May rose scent with notes of jasmine, sandalwood and ylang ylang. Living up to the boutique’s name, other smaller stories are told like Chanel global creative designer for color and makeup Lucia Pica’s latest items.
GROVE & GREEN
Miami neighborhoods are becoming more defined and discovered through community events. Coconut Grove offers several ways to explore its reinvention and meet residents of all ages. The village hosts Fashion, Art & Music Night on first Saturdays from 6-9 p.m. Earlier on January 7, join Royal Palm Tours for a history and architecture biking tour. Reserve at 786.346.3356 to leave from City Hall at 9:30 a.m. Four Shillings Short performs Celtic and American folk songs at the Barnacle on Sunday from 6-9 p.m. Picnics and children welcome. Downtown is showing off its renaissance through Biscayne Green, a pop-up promenade for Biscayne Boulevard’s pedestrian redesign. Hear Locos Por Juana jam while browsing eats and wares on Friday night; participate in wellness activities on Saturday, and attend a Fido-friendly brunch on Sunday.
Two homegrown restaurants are expanding their reach. Pubbelly Sushi, a mainstay of South Beach’s Sunset Harbour district since 2011, opens a second location at Brickell City Centre on January 9. A kanji mural decorates the wood-filled space with additional terrace seating—kanji are traditional Chinese characters still used in Japanese writing today. Expect all the crowd pleasers, from salmon tartare taquitos to tuna and truffle oil pizza. Rolls wrap crab drizzled in clarified butter; hamachi and avocado, and albacore tuna with nori tempura flakes, ponzu and spicy mayo, thus dubbed, “the Heat.” In-town oyster bar Mignonette travels north to take over Gourmet Diner’s former retro home. Starting tomorrow, enjoy chef Danny Serfer’s seafood-centric menu of shrimp po’boys, barbecued octopus and crab cakes. Landlubbers have fried chicken and bone-in NY strip.
Yuliya Kachko ONE Sotheby’s International Realty presents the latest best oceanfront projects in Miami, penthouses for sale Miami, preconstruction condos in Miami and South Florida. See below some of the best oceanfront luxury condos in Miami. For full inventory please visit http://www.ykrealestate.com/
- Prive Aventura - Expected completion 2017.
- Marina Palms Aventura – Expected completion 2016.
- Bella Mare Aventura - Built 2006.
- Bellini Williams Island - Completed January 2014.
- Echo Aventura – Completed January 2016.
Oceana Bal Harbour – Expected completion 2017.
St Regis Bal Harbour – Recently Completed in 2012.
- ONE Bal Habour - Recently renovated. Completed in 2007.
- Majestic Tower Bal Harbour - Completed 1998.
- Bellini Bal Harbour - Completed 2005.
- The Palace Bal Harbour - Completed 1994.
- Park Grove – Expected Completion 2018.
Grove at Grand Bay – Recently Completed 2016.
- Grovenor House Coconut Grove - Recently Complete 2016.
- Trump Hollywood - Completed in 2009.
- Diplomat Hollywood - Completed in 2006.
- Ocean Palms - Completed in 2006.
- Apogee Hollywood - Completed in 2013.
- Hyde Beach – Expected completion 2017.
One Thousand Museum – Expected completion in 2018.
Missoni Baia – Expected completion 2018.
One River – Expected completion 2019.
- Aston Martin Residences - Expected completion 2021.
- Eighty Seven Park - Expected completion 2017.
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Miami Beach - Expected completion 2016.
- L'Atelier Miami Beach - Expected completion 3rd quarter 2017.
- Faena House – Recently Completed 2016.
- Setai Miami - Completed 2004.
- Fasano Shore Club Miami Beach - Expected completion 2018.
- 1 Hotel & Homes – Recently Completed 2016.
- Edition Residences – Recently Completed 2016.
- Beach House 8 – Recently Completed 2016.
- Bath Club - Completed 2005.
- Carillon Miami Beach - Completed 2007.
- W Miami Beach - Completed 2007.
- Glass Miami Beach -Completed 2016.
- Continuum Miami Beach - Completed 2002.
- Apogee Miami Beach - Completed 2008.
- Murano Grande - Completed 2003.
- Icon Souh Beach - Completed 2005.
- Portofino Tower - Completed 1997.
- Murano at Portofino - Completed 2002.
- Il Villaggio - Completed 1999.
- Regalia Miami - Opened June 2014.
- Acqualina - Completed 2006.
- Mansions at Acqualina - Opened January 2016.
- Porsche Design Tower - Expected completion 2016.
- Chateau Beach Residences – Recently completed in 2016.
- 400 Sunny Isles - Opened early 2016.
- Jade Signature - Expected completion 2017.
- MUSE - Expected completion 2017.
- Turnberry Ocean Club - Expected completion 2018.
- Armani Residences - Expected completion late 2017.
- Estates at Acqualina - Expected completion in 2020 Phase A.
- Ritz-Carlton Residences Sunny Isles Beach - Expected completion 2018.
- Aurora Sunny Isles – Expected completion 2019.
- Parque Towers – Expected completion 2017.
- Jade Beach - Completed 2008.
- Jade Ocean - Completed 2009.
- Turnberry Ocean Colony - Completed 2007.
- Trump Royale - Completed 2008.
- Trump Palace - Completed 2006.