Low Cost Fixes for the Kitchen to Make it Look Good and Sell
There are many inexpensive things you can do to brighten up a kitchen and make it look more current. Especially when you are ready to sell, you don't want to invest tens of thousands in your kitchen. Some easy, do-it-yourself ways can improve the look and make the appearance more inviting to buyers and to you.
- Clean everything. Appliances, cabinet fronts and insides, baseboards, flooring, ceiling corners and over the cabinets all need a cleaning cloth put to them. I mean really deep clean. Once you have a clean slate you can see what you need to do next.
- Remove the clutter. Countertops and cabinets need to be cleared with relatively few items on top.
- Make sure you have good lighting. Changing out an old light fixture for a more up-to-date style with better lighting output can put your kitchen in a whole different light and decade. More light is better light in a kitchen.
- Please, please remove all the calendars, magnets and artwork from the front and sides of the refrigerator. Remove all clutter from the top of it, too.
- Remove curtains, clean windows and if you need to block out too much direct sun, invest in wood or faux wood blinds or a pretty shade. A small valance can also be attractive.
- Paint walls and trim with a fresh new color. Trends toward graytones, very subtle greens and soft yellows continue to be popular. Check out some of the new kitchen colors on Pinterest and take a chance on something new but don't go too bold and over the top.
- If the cabinets are totally beat up, paint them. Regardless investing in new cabinet hardware can make them look like they had a face-lift.
When all of this is done, stage the countertops with a few tasteful pieces of colorful decor, such as a bowl of fruit, a colorful cookie jar, a vase with some cooking utensils or a kitchen plant.
This is brought to you courtesy of The Real Debbie Reynolds. To search for real estate in Clarksville TN click here.