Low Cost Fixes for the Kitchen to Make it Look Good and Sell
There are many inexpensive things you can do to brighten up a kitchen and make it look more current. Especially when you are ready to sell, you don't want to invest tens of thousands in your kitchen. Some easy, do-it-yourself ways can improve the look and make the appearance more inviting to buyers and to you.
- Clean everything. Appliances, cabinet fronts and insides, baseboards, flooring, ceiling corners and over the cabinets all need a cleaning cloth put to them. I mean really deep clean. Once you have a clean slate you can see what you need to do next.
- Remove the clutter. Countertops and cabinets need to be cleared with relatively few items on top.
- Make sure you have good lighting. Changing out an old light fixture for a more up-to-date style with better lighting output can put your kitchen in a whole different light and decade. More light is better light in a kitchen.
- Please, please remove all the calendars, magnets and artwork from the front and sides of the refrigerator. Remove all clutter from the top of it, too.
- Remove curtains, clean windows and if you need to block out too much direct sun, invest in wood or faux wood blinds or a pretty shade. A small valance can also be attractive.
- Paint walls and trim with a fresh new color. Trends toward graytones, very subtle greens and soft yellows continue to be popular. Check out some of the new kitchen colors on Pinterest and take a chance on something new but don't go too bold and over the top.
- If the cabinets are totally beat up, paint them. Regardless investing in new cabinet hardware can make them look like they had a face-lift.
When all of this is done, stage the countertops with a few tasteful pieces of colorful decor, such as a bowl of fruit, a colorful cookie jar, a vase with some cooking utensils or a kitchen plant.
This is brought to you courtesy of The Real Debbie Reynolds. To search for real estate in Clarksville TN click here.
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-920-6730 Office or 931-320-6730 Cell
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices-PenFed Realty
2503 Wilma Rudolph Blvd., Clarksville, TN 37040
©2015 BHH Affiliates, LLC. An independently owned and operated franchisee of BHH Affiliates, LLC.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices and the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices symbol
are registered service marks of HomeServices of America, Inc.®
Equal Housing Opportunity.
This entry hasn't been re-blogged:
Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
- Topic: Home Improvement
Generate More Leads from this Listing
With a Trulia Pro Account
Find what you need?
See More Blog PostsAbout Real Estate! SEE MORE NOW!