Context, context, context. It matters. At first glance you might think the Maineville area housing market is in trouble, but that is far from the case. Understanding past years' performance will help you understand that December was actually a very good month for Maineville/Hamilton Township Ohio homes sales. We'll explain why when we get to the stats below.
Stay with us for the latest Mainevillle & Hamilton Township area real estate news!
We offer links at the bottom of the post to search Cincinnati MLS listed Maineville Ohio homes for sale, and if you want specifics for What Is My Maineville Ohio Home Worth?, please click that link and fill out the form. We'll get back to you shortly with the latest info that applies to YOUR home!
This report is for single family homes only and NOT condos. We're covering zip code 45039 only, which also includes homes in parts of Landen and Deerfield Township, although at low levels. That also means any Hamilton Township homes in other zip codes are NOT covered in this report. The majority of 45039 is covered by Little Miami Schools, although portions are in Kings Local. Obviously zip code 45039 is NOT uniform so we're not always comparing apples to apples in this report. This report is informational and for the best advice for you as an area home buyer or seller, please contact us for a specific review of your needs.
- All data is derived from the Cincinnati MLS system.
- If any Maineville/Hamilton Township homes traded hands without a REALTOR® involved, then it won't be reflected in this report.
- All data is for the 45039 zip code only.
The 45039 zip code offers a diversity of living choices, with a focus on affordable housing. Much of the zip code is easily reached by taking the SR48, Western Row or Kings Mills exits off of I71. Depending on traffic you can be in the heart of Maineville within 5-10 minutes from the SR48 exit. Along the way you'll pass a Lowe's, Target, Kohls, Kroger, Petsmart and a collection of strip malls with a selection of dining choices.
With regards to housing choices, there are numerous developments, with the majority focused at the $200k price point with many starter type homes available well below that. If your preference is more space, the area also offers that option with either luxury home communities or more rural opportunities. Additionally, one of the area's few 55+ communities makes its home here.
Turning Leaf, a Hamilton Township community
So, on to the review!
First up is the number of Maineville/Hamilton Township area single family homes sold on a month by month basis starting in 2010:
Next is the Maineville/Hamilton Township median price summary chart.
Maineville/Hamilton Township 45039 Single Family Home Category Data Summary:
Homes Sold: 35 (1 Bank/Government Owned, 0 Short Sale, 4 New Construction) DOWN 13
Average Price: $233,205 DOWN $29k
Median Price: $199,000 DOWN $26k
Days on Market Average: 82 UP 6 (median 40 days)
Homes Active 1/9/17: 110 DOWN 8
Homes Pending 1/9/17 35 DOWN 6
Average Sales/List %: 98.4% UP 1.3
Most Expensive Home Sold: $535,597
Least Expensive Home Sold: $54,000
So what can we determine from the latest statistics?
- First, don't be scared! It's normal for the real estate market to slow this time of year. Those price drops don't mean homes are worth less, it's more a mix of WHAT sold than the overall value of the area. In November the cheapest home sold for $148,000 and 8 homes sold above $300k. This month two homes sold below $100k and only 6 sold above $300k. Put that together in you will get a drop in month to month sales values. However, when you look at the overall median price chart, you'll see that December's median price wasn't bad at all!
- And to counter the prices, 35 homes sold in December is actually a VERY good month when you compare to past Decembers.
- New construction is still a heavy influence in the area, accounting for exactly half of the 110 homes for sale and for 4 of the 35 homes sold in December.
The number of pendings continues to slide, but considering a typical January is under 20 homes sold, having 35 currently under contract is a good sign.
- Distressed (foreclosures and short sales) continue to be close to nonexistent: 1 of the 35 Sold and only 2 of the 110 not under contract. That scarcity illustrates the overall housing recovery for the area.
- Inventory is still low and getting lower, especially if you don't have time to wait for new construction.
So what does this mean to you as a Maineville/Hamilton Township single family home owner?
No reason to change from recent months: If you can price competitively to the new construction offerings, you can take advantage of the shortage of homes for sale. Less competition means better sales times and often a better price. Supply and demand at work!
We don't see a lot of truly negative in this month's report to discourage offering your home for sale if it makes sense for you!
For an evaluation of your specific home's marketability, please contact us at 513-520-5305.
So what does this mean to you as a potential Maineville/Hamilton Township home buyer?
No reason to change our buyer advice either: If you find a home that suits you, don't delay acting or you may miss out on your opportunity. There are other buyers out there and area housing is still VERY affordable and overall the homes tend to be newer and in subdivisions.
There is a LOT of new construction available and having an influence, and PLEASE, for new construction, have us help you! The builder will NOT cut you a price break for showing up unrepresented, and using our services will NOT cost you extra.
When you're considering buying a Maineville/Hamilton Township area home, please contact us at 513-520-5305 with your needs and we'll help you find the right community!
To Search Maineville/Hamilton Township 45039 homes for sale, please use the links below.
Search Maineville/Hamilton Township 45039 Homes for Sale $400,000 and Up
Serving Warren County's home buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Recent Market Reports: