MORTGAGE INTEREST RATE LOCK ADVISORY
January 10, 2017, 7:55 AM PT
- 1-15 Day Close: LOCK
- 16-30 Day Close: LOCK
- 31-45 Day Close: LOCK
- Recommendations can change throughout the day.
- Click for current Lock Advice
- Average 30-Yr FRM, Down 0.10 points to 4.20% on 1-5-17
- Rate Price Based on 3.5% MBS, Down -0.09 Point.
- DJI Stocks - Currently, $19,904.10, Up $16.72 0.08%
- Asian & European Stock Market Indexes Up 0.045%
- Crude Oil (WTI) - Currently, $51.69, Down ($0.27)
- Gold 1 Ounce - Currently, $1,190.90, Up $3.60
MARKET REPORTS & ANALYSIS
- Rate Lock Advisory. Rates continue in an up market Continue to lock on price improvements. News and technical indicators provide no sign of rates changing direction. In this uncertain market. Float rates at your own risk.
- Tuesday Rate Market. There is no financial news scheduled today that is expected to move mortgage rates.
- Monday's Mortgage Rate Results: Mortgage rates based on Mortgage Backed Securities (MBS) closed down 0.07 point.
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.20 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending January 5, 2017, down from last week when it averaged 4.32 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.97 percent.
- FHA Cuts Mortgage Insurance Premiums By 0.25%
- Predicting the Path of Mortgage Rates in 2017
- Does Homebuyer Education Lead to Housing Stability?
- Former CFPB attorney just confirmed the worst fears of the mortgage industry
- HARP Extended, FHFA Rolls Out High LTV Refi Option
- 2016 Best Year in a Decade for Housing; 2017 is a Wild Card
- Fannie Mae's Day 1 Certainty verifies Income and Assets in Desktop Underwriter (DU)
- Congress could play Grinch this Christmas for homeowners
- Financial planners warming to reverse mortgages
The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe
is that it has never tried to contact us. ~ Bill Watterson,
Cyber criminals are hacking email accounts and sending emails with fake wiring instructions. These emails are convincing and sophisticated. Always independently confirm wiring instructions in person or via a telephone call to a trusted and verified phone number. Never wire money without double-checking that the wiring instructions are correct.