Yes mold damage for NJ homeowners can be a hassle, stressful and devastating to deal with. When you have the professionals from SERVPRO of Jackson/Lacey there to help, we will alleviate some of the stress for you and deal with the situation.
Not properly ventilated crawlspaces
We have seen mold caused from different scenarios. Mold caused by damp crawlspaces not properly ventilated or not having a proper vapor barrier installed. Some crawlspaces might even require a dehumidifier to be placed to remove the moisture that is causing mold growth.
Poor bathroom ventilation
Lack of ventilation in the bathroom or attic may also cause mold to grow. Hot showers cause moisture in the air and condensation. This moisture can permeate through the walls, cracks, and crevices leaving behind an environment for mold to grow. Installing a proper fan to remove this moisture will help with mold growth.
Frozen Pipes in the winter
Living near the Jersey shore causes its own set of problems when it comes to mold. A lot of the homes are used as summer homes and in the winter time people have a tendency to leave there thermostat at a lower temperature to save on heating bills. Leaving your thermostat at 50 degrees when the wind chill outside is -10 degrees is not a good idea. Pipes above garages, near outside walls, and under crawlspaces are vulnerable to breakings. Buy the time a homeowner realizes pipes were broken, mold has already started to grow. Starting as little as 24 hours.
Call the Professionals
Regardless of the scenario it is always important to call in the professionals like SERVPRO of Jackson/Lacey to remediate your mold issue. We follow the IICRC standards for mold remediation and work with all insurance companies. SERVPRO of Jackson/Lacey does suggest that if you do have a mold issue to contact your insurance company because not all policies cover mold damage. It is important to remediate your mold damage regardless if the insurance is going to pay for it or not because it could lead to structural damage. Mold damage can also spread to other areas of the home if not treated and contained. Besides damage to the home there could be health issues caused by mold but you should check with your healthcare professional to see if you may be at risk.
SERVPRO of Jackson/Lacey is here to help and we service the Jersey Shore and all of New Jersey. If you feel that you might have a problem with mold feel free to contact us and we would love to come out and take a look and give you our professional opinion.