Excellent post. I will share this one for other to see. Very valuable information in it..
If ever there was a profession that demands attention to detail, we're in it.
We'd better have our eyes wide open and our ears on high alert.
Looking and listening for information that will lead to:
- new knowledge and skills
- new business
- new relationships
Now our experience has been that ActiveRain is a perfect environment for fulfilling all three of those categories.
What we can do today is light years of where we were when we joined this community. I won't lay claim to being a guru by any means, but I know what works for us and it's thanks to the sharing of this community and paying attention to what was in front of us. As a result in the skills category we can:
- Routinely write blog posts
- Understand basic SEO needs to get our posts found
- Know how to dress up our posts to make them visually appealing
- Have exposure to the new technology and approaches
- Understand our target markets and how to provide the information they desire
And with that first part taken care of, the second follows with increased business:
- Our web presence is FAR, FAR larger. We can't always get an exact answer for HOW the consumer found us, but if they say "on the Internet", there's a REALLY good chance it was from something we either do here in the Rain or learned in the Rain.
- We self-maintain our Wordpress site with plenty of custom IDX searches. WE GET FOUND.
- We added a niche within a niche, so not just patio homes, but new construction patio homes. And to push the niche a bit further? I now have a Kentucky license to go with my Ohio license (HINT: know ANYONE coming to "Cincinnati", I'd like the opportunity for that referral).
- 2016 blew the doors off our previous best ever year and 2017 is off to a good start thanks to that new construction niche.
And that last part, the relationships? I have friends I've met only here in the Rain, plenty of others I've had the opportunity to meet in person, and far more than I've emailed/phoned/texted. These folks form a border to border network (and some of them are even north of the border!). If you want to maximize your relationships here in the Rain, it's critical that you:
- Establish WHERE you are. Complete that profile and make sure your comment header ties you to your area.
- Be genuine. Yeah, I'm talking to you serial commenters. You may get your 25 points, but you've totally missed the REAL point of this community.
- Get to know people, and that means actually engaging. Sure, do what makes your phone ring, but don't forget to let the community get to know you too.
- Give back to the community. For us, part of it is paying attention in Facebook referral groups to referral requests that have nothing to do with us. There are places that as soon as I hear the city name, I know one or two or three (or even more) great agents to recommend. You can go with a direct recommendation on the spot, or reach out to the agent to let them know "hey, over in ____________ group there's an opportunity for you!" What goes around comes around.
Again, keep your eyes wide open and your ears ready to listen, who knows what you'll see and hear next in the Rain? ,
Until next Tuesday, just Ask An Ambassador if you need help!
Bill of Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Serving Warren County Ohio & Adjacent Areas
The Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite
Elizabeth Spear, ABR, CRS Ohio License SAL.2002007747
William (Bill) Spear, CRS Ohio License SAL.2004011109 Kentucky 77938
Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Bill Direct: 513-520-5305
Liz Direct: 513-265-3004
Search Homes: Http://WarrenCountyOhioRealEstate.com
Our Website: www.LizTour.com
OUR SERVICE AREA:
View Liz Spear Team of RE/MAX Elite Primary Service Area in a larger map