This event is in it's fourth year, and it's a big fundraiser for the Surface Creek Animal Shelter. The shelter isn't supported by any government agency, and it relies upon fundraisers and The Shelter Shoppe thrift store to keep it's doors open.
Here are the details:
- This year's dinner will take place on February 11th.
- It starts at 4:30 PM and ends at 7:00 PM.
- It's taking place at the Cedaredge Community Center.
- The cost is $5 per person and kids under 5 eat for free.
- There will be a drawing for some really nice prizes and a silent auction.
- Tickets can be purchased at The Shelter Shoppe or at the event. The shop is open everyday from 10 to 4 except for Sunday and Wednesday.
- You can also call the shelter for more information. 970-856-2346.
If you were there last year, you know there were a lot of really nice things up for auction.
The food is very good, too. I'm still amazed at the creative dishes that people can make in a crock pot. Forget the standard beans and chili...here you will find cheesy pastas, wild game and even desserts made in a slow cooker. I can't remember what all I sampled last year, but I know I enjoyed it very much. Of course your food donations are always appreciated. Contact The Shelter Shoppe for more information.
The shelter is focusing on trying to raise funds to put up a new building. The old trailer is falling apart and a new place is desperately needed. This building will house the office and cats. The dog runs are attached to the building. The existing dog runs can still be used in conjunction with the new shelter building.
Where else can you feed the family for $5/person and help a great cause. Come on out for this annual event. I hope to see you there.
I've lived on Colorado's Western Slope for over 26 years. I love this area and all it has to offer, and I enjoy sharing what I know about my home. As a REALTOR®, I also love to share my expertise in this area as well. If you need real estate information for Montrose County, or Delta County, Colorado...please give me a call.