If you plan to move in the near future, here is a helpful list to keep handy to ensure nothing is overlooked or inadvertently left behind in the house.
Last year a Seller had her friends do the last packing job-and they forgot things in three different cabinets-including her custom-colored Kitchen Aid mixer (and she was a serious baker).
Sellers Checklist for Those Places that Get Forgotten
It happens over and over again. The house has closed and the seller is long gone. The buyer opens a cabinet door or sees that the top shelf in a closet has stuff that the seller left behind. The seller got in a hurry and failed to check one last time. These items can be treasures or valuable components that the seller will miss in their new household. Will they think they got lost in the move?
To keep this from happening, sellers can use this checklist to keep from missing those frequently forgotten hiding places.
Sellers Moving Checklist- One Last Look Before Leaving
- In the kitchen there are several hiding places- check the corner cabinets, cabinets over ranges and refrigerators, the bottom drawer of the range and the dishwasher before leaving.
- Check the attic. This is the place where those boxes of memorabilia and family mementos are stored.
- Check the top shelves of all closets. This may take a step stool or ladder to make sure they are clear and you haven't forgotten anything.
- The very back of drawers in bath vanities and kitchens can hide stuff. Pull them all the way out and make sure they are cleared out.
- Medicine cabinets can hold some little used items and be forgotten. Open up and check.
- Bookcases sometimes have doors and drawers. Take the time to see if there is something left behind.
- Garages sometimes have storage areas or hideaways. Check these one more time.
Once you have moved on it is unreasonable to ask the buyer to ship you the forgotten items. Time and expense would be involved so an ounce of prevention is what is needed. Check those places one more time before you pull out of the driveway for the last time.
Places That Sellers Leave Good Stuff Behind
When you are ready to sell your Clarksville TN home, contact me to get the process started. I am ready to serve you. Call The Real Debbie Reynolds at 931-320-6730.
it would be my pleasure to assist you!
"The Real Debbie Reynolds"
931-920-6730 Office or 931-320-6730 Cell
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices-PenFed Realty
2503 Wilma Rudolph Blvd., Clarksville, TN 37040
©2015 BHH Affiliates, LLC. An independently owned and operated franchisee of BHH Affiliates, LLC.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices and the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices symbol
are registered service marks of HomeServices of America, Inc.®
Equal Housing Opportunity.